Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Android Phone to connect to TT 750Live and 740Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Android Phone to connect to TT 750Live and 740Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Android Phone to connect to TT 750Live and 740Live Reply with quote

We have two Toms -- a 750live and 740Live -- both of which connect and perform well to our ageing phones -- Sony Ericsson W595 -- which unfortunately both mine and the wifes are coming to the end of their useful life..
We have been looking at Android phones -- -The Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 with Jelly bean 4.2.2 software. [I also have an Samsung tablet 10.1 that is the reason for looking at android phones ]

Can any one tell me if they have ANY smart phone that they have connected to their Tom-Toms???

At this stage we havent bought the phones -- but the small W595's are getting older by the second.

We desperatly need to change phones -- but the Tom-Tom factor is important.
Hands free phone -- and receiving SMS..

Any one out there with ANY help

Maurice...
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used Samsung Portal in the past, and Motorola Defy+, Android 2.2 and 2.3 respectively. No issues, hands-free works, and address book is uploaded. Every time on TT1005 but I think that is just a case of TT's usual code regression. 720 loads it just once at pairing.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

layingback wrote:
Have used Samsung Portal in the past, and Motorola Defy+, Android 2.2 and 2.3 respectively. No issues, hands-free works, and address book is uploaded. Every time on TT1005 but I think that is just a case of TT's usual code regression. 720 loads it just once at pairing.

Thanks for that -- I know I am a pain -- but does that include the 750L and the 740L??

Just before I go out and buy two phones...
Thanks
Maurice
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fibre,
Sorry not to have replied earlier but both my Android phones are not current models so I thought that my response would be of little value.

I have a Motorola Defy and a Motorola Razr i xt890, they both pair with all of my TT's (see signature) so don't foresee that you would have any problem connecting to your 740 and 750.

I would suggest that you take your TT's, fully charged, to the phone shop and see if they connect before you sign on the dotted line.

A word of caution though. Not all Android phones are the same when it comes to apps.

My Razr is "powered" by an Intel chip/CPU, most chips are ARM such as in the Defy. At the moment the Intel units can't use apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV player, etc. or TomTom so if you are interested in catching up on TV progs while you are mobile or getting the TT app, keep away from anything Intel based.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: