Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A new type of French radar camera?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A new type of French radar camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

I've recently seen a few of these posts both on the A20 motorway and other main roads and wonder if they are a new speed camera or merely traffic monitoring. I wish the photo was better but it might mean something to someone
http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/maxcompassrose/media/IMGP0612_zps46f5ba36.jpg.html?filters[user]=138057023&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0

(I've tried using Photobucket as described but always failed to get to see my photo, but succeeded if I follow this link. I'm sorry of this makes things more complicated. Maxdot)
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look as if they are pointing at eachother. Could be fog/visibility monitors.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

maxdot wrote:
(I've tried using Photobucket as described but always failed to get to see my photo, but succeeded if I follow this link. I'm sorry of this makes things more complicated. Maxdot)

1. Click on your photo in your album.
2. Single click on the box titled IMG - it will briefly say "Copied".
3. Paste (Ctrl+V) where you want the image to appear in your post.

AND BOB EST TON ONCLE Bouncing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

I did actually try that but here it is again and I'll hope for the best

[img]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag14/maxcompassrose/IMGP0612_zps46f5ba36.jpg[/img]

The cameras are not actually pointing directly at each other but rather obliquely past each other up and down the road. What made me suppose that they might be speed cameras is the fact that there is black and yellow tape round the small lenses, as all other cameras have. That said I've googled French Speed Cameras under Image and not seen their like.
Maxdot
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

Well, I'm lost - I'm hopeless with this new tech stuff, so maybe somebody else can tell us why it doesn't work when you post, but DOES work when I quote you to reply. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

maxdot wrote:
I did actually try that but here it is again and I'll hope for the best

The cameras are not actually pointing directly at each other but rather obliquely past each other up and down the road. What made me suppose that they might be speed cameras is the fact that there is black and yellow tape round the small lenses, as all other cameras have. That said I've googled French Speed Cameras under Image and not seen their like.
Maxdot

maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

Beats the hell out of me!

The trouble with getting a better picture let alone a better description is that they are not placed where you can casually park and wander over to check them out!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they on streetview? Might be difficult to find them though Sad
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: A new type of French radar camera? Reply with quote

Good idea about Streetview and I've had a look. Unfortunately the images on this stretch of motorway seem to date from 2009, way before these sort of 'cameras' made their appearance. I've pretty much identified where two that I know of are - (45 57 38.22N/ 1 19 06.85E and 45 27 38.33N/ 1 30 43.18E) but what they are remains a mystery.
TuppyTrucker
Lifetime Member

Location: Mandeville en Bessin, 5km from OMAHA beach, Nomandie, France

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the latest type of average speed camera system being used in la belle France, home of the 2nd worst drivers in Europe. There are more on the A20, nearer to Brive, I see them every week.

News article.
http://www.francebleu.fr/infos/173-automobilistes-flashes-par-le-premier-radar-troncon-des-pyrenees-orientales-885194
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: A new type of French radar? Reply with quote

I don't know about 'second worst drivers in Europe' . Such a generalization seems pointless and in my experience you can find examples of good, bad or indifferent driving on any road in any country in Europe, or the rest of the world for the matter of that.
But thank you for the information. I can now report the position of 3 on the A20
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here's an interesting bit of the article, doctors risk their licences :-
Quote:
Ce radar tronçon pose aussi un problème assez inattendu aux médecins du secteur, plus spécifiquement aux médecins correspondants du Samu. Ils sont appelés pour les urgences et se rendent sur place en attendant l'arrivée des équipes du Samu, en provenance de Perpignan. Problème : que faire sur le tronçon couvert par le radar ? Rouler vite au risque de recevoir une contravention et à terme de perdre son permis ? Ou ralentir au risque de mettre en péril une personne atteinte d'un infarctus ou d'un oedème pulmonaire par exemple ? Ces médecins ne bénéficient en effet d'aucune voiture de fonction ou véhicule prioritaire.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: