Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 3590LMT - POI toggling/selection help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 3590LMT - POI toggling/selection help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Garmin 3590LMT - POI toggling/selection help needed Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is an option to enable/disable individual custom POI categories on the 3590?

I have installed the PGPSW low bridges POI file in .gpx format and it now appears in the Custom POI menu screen along with the PGPSW camera files (by type).

I don't seem to be able to de select this bridge file, as i might chose/need to when I use the device in my car as opposed to a truck.

Will speak to Garmin customer services this coming week but just wondered if anyone on here might have any input to offer?

Will post response from them in due course.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at page 26 of the manual where it talks about layers and switching them off. I don't have your model or the POIs you mention, but if there is going to be an option to turn them off it will be there.
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Have a look at page 26 of the manual where it talks about layers and switching them off. I don't have your model or the POIs you mention, but if there is going to be an option to turn them off it will be there.

Thanks sussamb but I already tried that option and that's just for the main layers for things like 3D, traffic, places along the way etc.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you may be out of luck.
wibbley
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: custom poi map display Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a similar issue,
just 'upgraded' from a basic tomtom go to a 3598 and find there is loads the garmin does not seem to do compared to the cheap bottom of the range TT.

I use custom POI files to find my locations every day at work, TT allows me to display or not display these on the map by simply putting a tick in the box besides each type of POI. the new device does not seem to have this option. Using POI loader and selecting 'custom' rather than express' does not give this option either.

Any ideas? Out of the box, the 3598 shows restaurants and fuel only and I want to turn these off.

I was going to take it back to Halfords for a refund, but looking at the TT 9000 reviews, it has lost loads of functionality including custom POIs, which as said above, I rely on every day.

Help, ideas appreciated.
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted Garmin and there is no function to enable/disable custom POIs nor do they currently intend to produce one.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom 1000, 1005 or 825? All of those can take user-POI files.
Just avoid the new 500/600/6000 models if POIs (or many other useful functions!) are important to you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: