Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 5 years for account activation.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

5 years for account activation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: 5 years for account activation. Reply with quote

As you know I am already a member of PGPSWorld but I have just received a email from you showing my correct and current Nickname and password saying that:

Quote:

Welcome to Pocket GPS World!

You or someone else has used your email account (xxxxx@supanet.com) to register an account at Pocket GPS World.

To finish the registration process you should visit the following link in the next 24 hours to activate your user account, otherwise the information will be automaticaly deleted by the system and you should apply again:

Yes that email address 'used to belong to me' but has been closed and not used for many years but what seems even stranger still, is that I have even received a email form that address because I do not have any settings to receive mail from Supanet and I do not see anything in it's properties to indicate it has been forwarded to my current email address.

I have not clicked the link supplied to allegedly activate the account, but can you please let me know what is going on.
The supplied link apparently is only valid for 48 hours and as I don't need it I will not be selecting it either.

Sorry but I think I have just spotted the problem, although only just received the email is dated "08 May 2006 04:27" which is about the correct time of me becoming a member.

Just joking of course, but maybe snail nail would have been quicker.[/b]

EDIT

BIG Oops.

10001 apologies and I will leave the above for others to laugh about (unless you want to delete it.

I found the problem, the problem was my OE setting had changed to show the last email at the top of the list and not as I normally have it at the bottom.

So no problem and please accept my apologies.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for admitting what it was!
I did have a little laugh at that. Very Happy
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I am having problems with logging into a Facebook because of a supposedly hack attack etc and now being locked out over there and now being asking to provide personal bank or other such information then to 'mistakenly' receive this notification got me really wondering if something was actually going on that I didn't know about and jumped in too quick before exploring all the other options.

The other main reason of posting this was that I had already raised a ticket on here so wanted to explain the problem further.

The problem, as I have said on many many occasions was due to 'Human error' of leaping before looking.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's always worrying when one of your on-line accounts gets compromised. You instinctively get suspicious of all the others too!

I got £700 removed from my PayPal account once, which was immediately taken from my bank account as there was nothing like enough cash in the PayPal one to cover it. It all got sorted out really quickly by PayPal's fraud department, but I changed an awful lot of other passwords straight away!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: