Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Questions before buying :)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions before buying :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spit_Fire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Questions before buying :) Reply with quote

Hello All ,

I'm Looking at Buying a Subscription for the PGPSW Camera Database, I Have a few questions about the database Compatibility with my Sat Nav which is a Garmin nuvi 2548LMT-D ,

1 - How do i Uninstall/Remove the Default Camera Database that came with the Device ?

2 - I Want to be able to use , Gatso/Truvelos , Red Light , Mobile and Average Camera's (Have I Missed any type of Camera's??) - are all these supported by the Database?

3 - Considering I want to use 4 Type of Camera's - Would this mean downloading 4 ZIP Files and Installing 4 Camera Types using POILoader or can I Download 1 ZIP File that includes the 4 Different Camera Types ?

4 - I Download the Database from the PGPSW site and extract them and use POI Loader to install them to my device?

5 - How do i enable the PGPSW Database on the Device?

6 - When An update is released , Do i just Overwrite the Current Files , or do i have to remove them first , If I have to remove them first - how do i go about this ?

Many Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin Nuvi installation guide CLICK HERE. If it doesn't work it means uoui need to have subscribed before you can read it, so you'll have to wait for Garmin aficinados to answer your questions. In the meantime, the answer to question 2 is YES.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
In the meantime, the answer to question 2 is YES.
You have missed one type of camera though, it's the dreaded unverified pMobiles. Mobile camera sites that have been reported as seen but not verified as a likely site by one of the PGPSW verifiers or had multiple submissions. And, yes, they are supported too.
Spit_Fire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Questions 3,4,6 be Answered ?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 One zip file that contains all the cam types.
4 yes
Quote:
6 - When An update is released , Do i just Overwrite the Current Files
Yes
Quote:
or do i have to remove them first
No. POILoader overwrites all the user POI on the device
Quote:
, If I have to remove them first - how do i go about this ?
No. Overwrite them in the POI folder on your PC. The filenames stay the same from week to week.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions before buying :) Reply with quote

Spit_Fire wrote:
1 - How do i Uninstall/Remove the Default Camera Database that came with the Device ?

You can either disable them or physically remove them.
Can't recall off-hand how to do ether but they can be done!! I'll look into it later if I can find my Garmin!!

Spit_Fire wrote:
2 - I Want to be able to use , Gatso/Truvelos , Red Light , Mobile and Average Camera's (Have I Missed any type of Camera's??) - are all these supported by the Database?

Yes.

Spit_Fire wrote:
3 - Considering I want to use 4 Type of Camera's - Would this mean downloading 4 ZIP Files and Installing 4 Camera Types using POILoader or can I Download 1 ZIP File that includes the 4 Different Camera Types ?

You download a single zip file. You unzip it it (extract the files) into a folder and when you run POILoader you tell it to get the files from that folder. Full instructions here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-garmin.php

Spit_Fire wrote:
4 - I Download the Database from the PGPSW site and extract them and use POI Loader to install them to my device?

Yes - see above.

Spit_Fire wrote:
5 - How do i enable the PGPSW Database on the Device?

Settings / Proximity Alerts -- then tick the box for 'Custom Points'

Spit_Fire wrote:
6 - When An update is released , Do i just Overwrite the Current Files , or do i have to remove them first , If I have to remove them first - how do i go about this ?

Garmin changed POILoader recently. The POI you upload can be given a different name etc - the default being the name of the folder it is in. So, so long as you name it the same each week eg 'SpeedCams' then the old files will be over-written. If not then POILoader has an option to remove existing POIs or you can manually remove them by going through 'My Computer', selecting the garmin device, go the the Garmin folder and remove 'filename.gpi' where 'filename' is the POI set you want to remove.

Hope that helps?

MaFt
Spit_Fire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt Smile

I've Sub scripted now - Just Wondering what the difference between UK Speed Zoned Complete And UK Consolidated by Type (Gatso,Mobile Etc)

The Latter one only has Gatsos/Mobiles where as Speed Zoned Complete has Gatso/Mobile/RedLight/Average Camera's?
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spit_Fire wrote:
Just Wondering what the difference between UK Speed Zoned Complete And UK Consolidated by Type (Gatso,Mobile Etc)

I've answered the question in your other thread here
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: