Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I recover this TTXL??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I recover this TTXL??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Can I recover this TTXL?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Not taking too much notice what I was doing yesterday. I have over-written the map folder on my TTXL with the data from my TT 2XL backup Crying or Very sad So obviously I have no working map folder on the XL. This was never backed up on my laptop since I bought the 2XL a couple of years ago.

All I was supposed to be doing is updating the speed cameras on both units (the XL has been confined to a spare for the last 2 years) because we are taking two vehicles abroad and wanted it in case they got seperated on the road.
So is it dead now or can I get a copy of the contents from anwhere? Its certainly not worth paying for a map upgrade for it.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't got a backup of the map and don't want to pay for a new one, you now own an expensive paperweight. It's possible to recover the working system (free of charge), but no point without a map.

But do think about it - there's a special offer on from TT at the moment with v910 maps a bit over half price if you hurry before they release the new maps and bump the prices back up again.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you have done that. MAKE A BACKUP Very Happy
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud. Thanks guys. the backup for this was on my pc which went to the scrappy ages ago. MY 2XL is backup is on the laptop. To be honest never thought I would need the XL anymore.

I'll not bother with it and just go buy another unit, up to date maps for not much more than what TomTom want for an upgrade.
mvl_boston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use Latest Map Guarantee on the XL?

If so, Tomtom will have remembered your map license on their server. So all you have to do is format the XL, log into TT Home with your old email/password, run "update my XL" repeatedly, and it will download and put the map back on.

If you didn't use LMG, or don't remember the corresponding email address, then you're stuck. If you forgot your password you can go to Tomtom.com and reset it.
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats worth a try MVL. I'll give it a go tomorrow morning. I was going out to get another one on saturday, but I can delay it until I try that.
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you indeed MVL. Your suggestion worked, I logged on after remembering the details for TomTom ( my current TTHome was only showing my 2xl details) I logged out of that and logged back in with a previous email address, it worked a treat!

It took 90 minutes or so but it has re-written the files and I have been able to install a consolitdated version of this sites speedcameras to it. The xl only had an internal memory and no expansion card, so no room for the individual cameras I prefer on my 2xl.

My wife can rest in peace at not getting seperated from me (is that a bad thing? Evil or Very Mad ) She is driving her car and I am driving mine down through spain,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: