Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 1005 Live/MyTT problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 1005 Live/MyTT problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
townfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: TT 1005 Live/MyTT problem Reply with quote

Hi all

For some reason I can no longer access MyTomtom for my device. I've tried a drum roll reset, different browsers, uninstall/reinstall (several times), logging out & back in to no avail. Additionally I installed MyTT onto a different computer (a netbook) & the problem replicates suggesting it's something at the device end??

Any help gratefully received.
Milesey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you connect your device over USB, do the PCs recognise the device by the usual USB connect sounds? If not, it may be the cable that's at fault OR (as it was for me about 18 months ago), a fault on the TT 1005 itself. I ended up talking to TT support and they arranged for replair/replace - it was collected and returned within a week.
townfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think it is recognising the device. I've tried to eliminate various things & have got a new lead on order. If that fails, I think I'm left with the conclusion that it's a fault on the device. Out of interest how much did the repair cost you?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not get ANY sounds when I connect a USB device to my PC, so don't just use that as evidence that it's not connecting.

When you connect the unit to the PC, does a PC icon appear in the bottom left of the TomTom's screen?

When the unit is connected to the PC, does an item appear for it in Device Manager's "Network Connections" section?
It should be listed as "TomTom #xx" (where "xx" is a one or two digit number)

On my Windows XP machine, you get to Device Manager by going to Start / Settings / Control Panel/ System Then select the Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager box. Newer Windows versions may get to it slightly differently!

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
townfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I do not get ANY sounds when I connect a USB device to my PC, so don't just use that as evidence that it's not connecting.

When you connect the unit to the PC, does a PC icon appear in the bottom left of the TomTom's screen?

When the unit is connected to the PC, does an item appear for it in Device Manager's "Network Connections" section?
It should be listed as "TomTom #xx" (where "xx" is a one or two digit number)

On my Windows XP machine, you get to Device Manager by going to Start / Settings / Control Panel/ System Then select the Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager box. Newer Windows versions may get to it slightly differently!

Thanks for responding. There's no PC symbol.

Under device manager it isn't listed as TT. Support advised to try reinstalling a generic 'mass storage' device after I sent a screenshot, but again no joy.
townfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new lead through the post today which resolved the problem immediately. I can only assume a loose connection somewhere in the old lead as it was charging the device up with no trouble at all.

Anyway, thank you for those who went to the trouble of replying. Much appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

townfan wrote:
I got a new lead through the post today which resolved the problem immediately.

Excellent news. It's handy for us too... gives us an idea of how these leads can and do fail.

townfan wrote:
I can only assume a loose connection somewhere in the old lead as it was charging the device up with no trouble at all.

It's four separate wires in the cable - 2 for power and 2 for the USB data.
So it only needs one of the data wires to go duff to give your symptoms.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> MyTomTom / TomTom HOME Desktop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: