Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go Live 1005 - itineraries?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go Live 1005 - itineraries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Go Live 1005 - itineraries? Reply with quote

OK, so how am I meant to plan a 800 mile trip around the continent with no itineraries and only 4 of these rotten via points that I am meant to enter with a navigate to command about 10 minutes prior to leaving home. Why oh why did the One XL give up the ghost? Honestly you would expect that £200+ would buy the same level of usefulness. Has anyone found a way around it please?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE can you report that you are annoyed back to TomTom as well?

Some idiot in a position of power there obviously decided that no-one wanted itineraries, and we have all had to suffer for his inane decision. The only way we'll ever get them back is to complain and KEEP complaining.

My only suggestion is to create your route in something like "Tyre" and to save all the waypoints as a POI category (each waypoint renamed with numbers 1,2,3....etc.).

Then you navigate to each one in turn (or in bacthes of three!)
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy_P, I sent an email to customer services this afternoon, I believe I used the very word 'annoyed' I think I also used the word 'cross'!

I must admit I was also thinking towards setting up POI's in a numbered list that I could add as via points in groups, but it's still not an itinerary is it? You can't even save the planned route with the 4 via points for re-use either which might help.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep my One XL running - that had itineraries Very Happy ..........I'm wondering if its a problem with the SD card and its map - it just suddenly cut-out one day and won't boot, switch off or do anything with any reliability. I can get it going and it will still navigate, but I need reliability and its just not doing anything reliably
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can certainly have a go at getting the XL back on an even keel.
It maybe best to start a new topic about it though.

(suggestions moved to your other topic)

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy_P - I hadn't even considered that getting it sorted might be possible, or that there might be assistance at PGPSW so many thanks for your links which I am about to try Very Happy . Specific topic for this started here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=595884#595884
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T Customer Services don't even read what you write Rolling Eyes

I put:

Hi, I have just replaced a TomTom One XL which has been an excellent bit of kit with your top of the the range Go live 1005 unit. Could you please explain how I can plan an itinerary as I could with the One XL to cover 8 or 9 stops. I can't seem to find this function and feel a little cheated at the moment after spending all this cash to find this lack of essential functionality. Many thanks

I then added:

In addition, the travel via section just won't provide the same functionality as there is no way to save a pre-planned route. If I want to travel 1500 miles on the continent I don't want to rely on the satnav to go where I actually want to go. Some of these routes take ages to work out and on a system that is supposed to support world travel - I purchased the world database I am afraid this falls under the trades descriptions act of not fit for purpose.

I then finished off with:

In short there needs to be a way of saving and loading a pre-prepared route with waypoints that might take a couple of hours to work out from first principles. There is only so much that you can enter during the 10 minutes before you set off. I feel like I have just wasted £245 and I am very annoyed

TT Response? See here:

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom customer support. My name is Marcello and we are always happy to help.

The reference number for your query is XXXXXXX

I understand that you want to know how you will be able to plan a route on your device. Please rest assured that I will try my best to assist you.

Julia, in order to plan a route, please follow the below provided steps:

1. Tap Navigate To… or Plan route from the Main menu and plan a route to your final destination.

Your navigation device calculates your route and a summary of the route is shown.

Tip: You can view the route summary at any time by tapping the right-hand side of the status bar at the bottom of the Driving View.

2. Tap Change route at the bottom of the route summary screen.

3. Tap Travel via...

4. Add your first stop.

5. Tap Change route at the bottom of the screen to add more stops.

Note: Tap The arrow next to a stop to change the order of your stops or to remove a stop.

6. Tap Done to update the route.

For routes with more than one stop, the order of the stops is optimised automatically based on the distances between them.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask us and we will be more than happy to help you further.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

With Kind Regards,

Marcello
The TomTom Customer Support Team

I am neither an idiot or someone that needs to be addressed as though I am child, I am also quite capable of RTFM. What was it about my initial emails that they didn't understand? Evil or Very Mad
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just normal process. You send a detailed question, the keyword filter matches a standard response and they pop it in and return it. You get annoyed, and say could you please read the original message as you missed everything, and they actually read it. Then you might get somewhere. It's how these things work.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
This is just normal process.

Presumably, a significant proportion of people just give up at that point and TT can mark it as another successful "case closed".
It's all about meeting targets rather than actually assisting the customer.

Very prevalent these days. Crying or Very sad
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went back to them and told them that they hadn't read the question and got the following:

Thank you for updating the incident XXXXX-XXXX. This is Marcello.

I understand that you want to know how you will be able to save a route on your device.

Please be informed that TomTom GO LIVE 1005 device is a NAV3 device and NAV3 devices cannot save routes. In order to resolve your issue, you can save the planned route as a Favourite, so that you can use it next time. {{What a load of unnecessary waffle about Favourites - this tells me nothing that I want to know, and certainly nothing useful}}

To know more about Favourites, please refer to the User Manual (Favourites on page no 77). For your reference, I am providing you with the link wherein you can download and print the User Manual for GO LIVE 1005 device. Please refer to the following link:
http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/LIVE/TomTom-EU-LIVE-RG-en-gb.pdf

Please note that the manuals are in PDF format. So you will need Adobe® Reader® to view them. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit the Adobe web site to download the latest version. Here is the link for it: http://www.adobe.com

Once you have saved the Route as a Favourite, please refer to the following link to save and restore the Favourites with MyTomTom:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/15190/

Please be informed that currently we do not have the feature on the GO LIVE 1005 device wherein we could save a planned route. However, be assured that I have taken this case as a feedback and will report it to the Concerned Department for future development, we take all feedback received very seriously in the future development of our products, therefore we have passed your comments on to our Concerned Department.

We strive constantly to improve our products, and your opinion has been forwarded to the Concerned Department.

I will try my best to take this feedback to the Concerned Department and lets see if in future we get to see far better start up instruction with the device, so that customers know what is to be done.

Until then please bear with us and accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

With Kind Regards,

Marcello
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Finally they admit that there is no way around the problem. They can't promise that the matter will be resolved, but I am told that they will report the issue to their customer dept. There is no offer to refund me for buying something that doesn't do the job I have intended for it to do though Sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normal for TT. The latest, newest, all-singing-all-dancing model has less functionality than the not singing, dancing ones it replaces. If/when customers complain about missing features, they respond that they will look into developing the feature and describe that as if they are considering improving it, not as if they are trying to restore a previous function.

If you can be bothered, read Andy_P's post on all the previous functions which have been dropped as newer models have "progressed".

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: