Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - sygic file converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

sygic file converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaTe
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@peterc10 - at the moment my Nexus is all over the place with My Sygic, it's never been so unpredictable and is doing much like yours did. I'll persevere with it tomorrow but nice to know I'm not alone.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it left the old maps on my Nexus 10. I had to remove them using es file explorer. It's just downloading another 126mb. I suppose I will have to do yet another cleanup. At least my maps survived and don't want to be updated. I wonder what this latest update is about following the last one so closely Rolling Eyes

And it's put all the sh1te back on that I spent quite a long time clearing out last night. Why can't they understand that I only want English voices and not download a load of other languages. Have they no respect for the limited memory on phones etc.?
JaTe
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Yes it left the old maps on my Nexus 10. I had to remove them using es file explorer. It's just downloading another 126mb. I suppose I will have to do yet another cleanup. At least my maps survived and don't want to be updated. I wonder what this latest update is about following the last one so closely Rolling Eyes

And it's put all the sh1te back on that I spent quite a long time clearing out last night. Why can't they understand that I only want English voices and not download a load of other languages. Have they no respect for the limited memory on phones etc.?

It was the second 126mb download that kicked off my map stability problems. I ended up uninstalling Sygic completely and starting over, hopefully it won't push you in to the same situation.
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an issue with the latest release - the beta was fine while I was testing it, then updated yesterday but then got another update today which messed it up.

If you are having problems you can try the following

copy sygic\maps\content.lic to sygic\android

then rename it to logcat.txt

when you next run sygic it will log to that file, if it crashes copy the logcat.txt and send it to sygic, if you attempt to re-run after crash it will overwrite information.

Mine starting crashing when performing a search for 'mull of galloway' as it was some distance away.

I then uninstalled the app because it kept doing this on searches for locations outside of my area, renamed the folder to sygicold and then re-downloaded the app from market and performed the install again.

Luckily 98% of my settings were still configured Smile - I performed the same search which never crashed the app, so fingers crossed it keeps working, just better take my garmin with me in case when out over easter weekend
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried your search. No lockup. Anything else to try to break it?
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a few poi installed so not sure if it was this. Done a few times
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is working fine, other than not recognising Mull of Galloway. It can find New Galloway though.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re. Having to download all new maps and leaving maps on device. I received this reply to my query with Sygic support.
Quote:
Unfortunately in case you've updated some map, you need to download rest of map. There maps are in new format and unfortunately software is not available to read old and new maps at same time. This is also because there could be some differences between connection of new and old maps and eventually you would not be able to navigate from one country to another, if one country would have old map and one new maps

We're aware about issue with maps. You'll need to remove them manually. New maps have date 10.2012.

The very latest Sygic is 13.1.0 Build R49886 which amongst other things fixes the non working of the compass aided map.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: