Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote

Can we have 2 buttons please to launch WebUpdater and POILoader?
Obviously you can have additional settings for their paths.

Thank you.
City Navigator Europe NT 2018.10
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not Smile

Wait for walkerx to arrive because he's got the latest release source code. I've 'doctored' mine slightly for personal preference and investigation.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i get a chance i'll try to have a look at it this week

been busy this past week Sad
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both.
It would mean that not only can I create the gpx files but load them into my device all from one place.
City Navigator Europe NT 2018.10
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen,

thanks for your responses and input/help to my posts earlier this week. I am having mixed results with your application and now I have my repalacement 3590LMT sorted and ready to go, I have tried to download and use CSV converter again.

I see there are several (4 at last count) hyperlinks in this thread to your application and I am using the latest. Are the other older links current or now superceded?

Using admin (user rights settings) to download, install and run the app and presuming there are no virus or firewall issues (as it has worked once this week), I have the following questions:

Is the program supposed to download the database independently from the website ( assuming the cookies, password etc allow) or is it simply a link to the website in order to manually download? I can only get it to link to the download page.

According to my understanding (based on the embedded help file), there should be .wav and .bmp files in the program at initial launch - there isn't anything showing at all in the columns when I run the program.

When I manually download the database in .zip format to my 'Working directory - (WD)' then use the PGPSW Database Options to unzip I get an error message, If I extract all the .zip files and us the CSV to GPX Options to Extract default images or audio files, the same error message appears.

The error message is rather lengthy but centres around COM not being able to link to shell etc. and there being no such interface supported.

If I can figure out how to upload screenshots of the error msg then I will do so in the next day or so if its needed? Seen the sticky on how to do this in the forum btw.

I thought maybe it was my laptop or win 7 causing the problems but it occours identically and in its entirity on my xp machine too.

Would appreciate your thoughts and if there's any more detail you need then let me know.

On a brighter note I did eventually manage to upload my old Navman N40i 'favourites' to the 3590 using 'ITN Converter' to convert the old .xml file to .gpx - MaFt's CSV conversion of my file didn't work for some reason.

Thanks for now...

Steve B
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed the program on a few Win7 machines without issue so that COM error is a puzzle at the moment. The only things I can think of at the moment is:

a) Do you have .NET framework 4 installed?
b) Are you running the program as 'Run as Administrator'

Once you load and run the program use the 'settings' dropdown to set your working directory. Once you have set this working directory that is the path that is shown as the main frame header "Working Directory -"

This working directory is where all the CSV, BMP and WAV files go. It is also the directory where you should download the PGPSW Zip file to.

The option to download the PGPSW just brings you here. From there you need to download the database like you normally would.

If you still have problems then the error text would be useful.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem. I am running as administrator and I do have Netframework 4. I get around the problem by unzipping manually. Here is the error. Using Win 7 64 bit.

Martin
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll look that one up ..............

It's looking like a bad SSMS installation possibly by not installing .NET4 or the Visual Studio elements via CSV converter under Admin mode.

The simplest solution seems to be to manually register one of the COM components ..........

'Start' then 'Run' then in the dialogue box type:

On 64 bit systems: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

On 32 bit systems: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

It looks like an error during the installation of Microsofts SSMS (whatever that is).
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just been looking at the error

first link, this is the only workaround i can see which is on the workaround tab for the above link

There should be no need to use 'run as administrator' as the app should set things up correctly.

regards
walkerx

Last edited by walkerx on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhvideos wrote:
I have exactly the same problem. I am running as administrator and I do have Netframework 4. I get around the problem by unzipping manually. Here is the error. Using Win 7 64 bit.

Martin

Yes... that't the same message exactly even down to the same IID!

I just went through it all again and what is curious is even though I have completely uninstalled the program, when I reninstall it my original working directory is still showing.

@ kremmen, the .wav .bmp and .csv files you mention, where do they come from? When I download the database I use the manual option and include .wav soundfiles but they are initially in the .zip file in my working directory. I get the impression from the embedded help file in your program that a different set are included, is that correct and if so where/when should they show up?

I also got all the same results (problems) on my xp machine even after acknowledging and solving the requirement for Net4 on the xp.

Just seen your latest response Kremmen so will try that and get back to you with any results...

cheers for your continuing support on this...

Steve B
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ignore the information within the help file as mentioned further up I need to get that updated to reflect all the changes in the application.

The .wav and .bmp images are stored in two zip files in the application directory. They are called 'CSV Converter Audio' and 'CSV Converter Images'.

You should be able to just extract these without using the application, if you can't then there is an issue with your windows setup.

When you download the database from PGPSW you can choose whether or not to include audio files - i'll double check the code to see if it checks for both mp3 and wav files (but think it might be set for wav as some garmin's don't like mp3)

I'm unsure of why not working on Win 7 64bit as I'm running this perfectly on Windows 8 64bit Pro.

I'll try to look into it further but I wonder if it is a .net issue, on my machine the following is installed

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targetting Pack

I also have the VC++ 2005, 2008 Redistributable for x86 and x64 installed along with VC++ 2010 x64 runtime and redistributable

The other .NET installed is VS2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools

The Microsofts SSMS is Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, which I think a few apps in Windows 7 and 8 use.

@Kremmen, you should still have access to the last build and source code on the dropbox link I supplied you

I wonder if it's because I can't use the MS InstallShield as I use the Express edition of VB2010 and had to use InnoSetup to create the install files.

I look into that and see if can put in checks to ensure the required components are installed and if not install them, otherwise think Kremmen will need to compile via VB 2010 Professional which allows him to use the InstallShield

regards
Walkerx
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kremmen & Walkerx,
Just to let you know have installed and used the latest and previous versions on my Windows 8 PC.

I have a Kenwood DNX521 DAB which incorporates Garmin sat nav technology.

While solely using POI loader I kept getting 2-3 beeps for each camera, your latest version has managed to give me the one warning I was after.

Still can't manage voice warnings (obviously a Garmin issue), no matter which version of SOX I use.

Still one nice and tidy beep is something I can easily live with.

I don't use the program to download the latest camera databases so can't comment on that side. And I'm not particularly bothered about forcing working directories

One question I have is re adjacent motorway speed cameras. Are they permanently removed from the database if the option is selected (within a certain distance) or does it operate by automatically selecting the nearest in direction of travel then ignoring the next again if within a certain distance?

All in all good job both of you, it's working well for myself.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the error above could indeed be linked to not using Installshield and as a result the above component is not being registered correctly.
Microsoft via Visual Studio recommends the ".NET4 Client Pack" and Installshield will check for that version and will prompt for it and will download and install it once user approved.

Next week I'll download the latest source code and produce a Installshield installer.

I can't understand why POILoader is not sucking in the .WAV files via SOX.exe. I've never had a problem with that on either my Garmin 2200 or 50. This is well worth pursuing as having the spoken warnings is so mush better. You don't have to take your eyes off the road to know what the limit is.

WAV files in the same directory as the CSV/GPX files and SOX in the same directory as POILoader.exe. If the CSV converter display is all green then your WAV files are all correct. I suppose the next thing to check is that you have POILoader pointing to the working directory.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
ronnie2455
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
. This is well worth pursuing as having the spoken warnings is so mush better. You don't have to take your eyes off the road to know what the limit is.

WAV files in the same directory as the CSV/GPX files and SOX in the same directory as POILoader.exe. If the CSV converter display is all green then your WAV files are all correct. I suppose the next thing to check is that you have POILoader pointing to the working directory.

I've tried a lot of variation i.e different SOX.exe's even tried older versions of POI Loader.

As you say the display CSV to GPX Converter is all green therefore the wav files must be correct. I ensure they are sampled at 16-bit PCM mono at 44100Hz and names correspond with the CSV and BMP files.

As you suggest spoken warning is probably worth perusing. I have a default I'm happy with so I probably will continue to experiment.

Still have a couple of ideas left to try.
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Garmin 1690 and the speech works perfectly. In addition I have created a full set of audio files by stitching together the individual pieces from ashes camera manager so I get the same output, which I prefer to the PGPSW voice set as they are a bit long and ponderous for my liking.

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 3 of 74

Jump to: