Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Maps 1-Mar-2013 -v905
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Maps 1-Mar-2013 -v905
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Map v9.05 available
OPTIONS
Friday

Hi all,

Today we have released maps version 9.05 for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australia Pacific, for download and purchase.
The subscription tool is currently undergoing maintenance, which means that some customers with a Map Update Subscription for Europe will receive their new map next week rather than today. We're sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. We will of course update you here as well when the maps are all fully released.

Unbelievable... According to the above post on the Tomtom official forum, they have only had 3 months to do the maintenance and some of us do not yet have the new map as a result. Only Tomtom could do it!!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one said it was routine maintenance....

I suspect they would not have done it now unless they HAD to!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the end result is a better experience for their users, then it will be worth the current inconvenience.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
If the end result is a better experience for their users, then it will be worth the current inconvenience.

Anybody care to try an experiment? Plan a route from M5 Junction 14 to M4 Junction 19, then Demo it. Note that (on the new 905 map) when it reaches the M4 left turn, it shows the right turn arrow. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Eastholme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installing Europe V9.05 and it's 2.9gb for my 1005! Censored
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing for my 740 so far...
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new map showing for my XL IQ Europe yet either. The 905 'Navigating to a postcode' updates keep appearing and I keep downloading them but they still show when I click the update button in TTH2.

I wasn't convinced my map update service was applied correctly to my account - I would be interested to know if anyone else with an XL IQ has had the new map yet?

Cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Anybody care to try an experiment? Plan a route from M5 Junction 14 to M4 Junction 19, then Demo it. Note that (on the new 905 map) when it reaches the M4 left turn, it shows the right turn arrow.
Dennis, it shows correctly on mine.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tgold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorsetwurzel wrote:
No new map showing for my XL IQ Europe yet either. The 905 'Navigating to a postcode' updates keep appearing and I keep downloading them but they still show when I click the update button in TTH2.

I wasn't convinced my map update service was applied correctly to my account - I would be interested to know if anyone else with an XL IQ has had the new map yet?

I have the XXL which is also a NAV2 (TomTom Home managed) device and confirm that the v9.05 has not yet been released for our platform. Instead of asking here, I suggest you monitor the thread where TomTom is making original announcements about this issue. http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/News-and-announcements/Map-v9-05-available/m-p/451436/highlight/false#M4954
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:

Anybody care to try an experiment? Plan a route from M5 Junction 14 to M4 Junction 19, then Demo it. Note that (on the new 905 map) when it reaches the M4 left turn, it shows the right turn arrow. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hi Dennis. Coordinates would have helped. However, have calculated this route M5/J14 to M4/J19 - Pye Corner/Jnct with M32. I used a GO1005Live Camper device with the latest v905 Europe map. At Exit 15 M4 SP Bristol (?), it correctly shows the LEFT turn arrows, then shows in 2.5 miles a lane guidance arrow to keep in right lane towards Bath. So, sorry, cannot confirm your experience.
However, can you tell me which version of the map you have (because being a Camper Map, I think it may have a different suffix number than mine)
GO1005Live_Camper Map v905.4791 - shouldn't make this difference, though!

Last edited by Gee-Pee on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed. I get this misguidance from two devices running side by side, both with map v905. Both previously indicated a left diagonal.

With the above indicating a right diagonal for miles in advance (and well before junction 14), you eventually see this overhead gantry

And further on, this sign

Now, that junction has a long dividing broad dotted white line and the right hand two lanes are for traffic continuing down the M5 to Bristol (west), the left lane for traffic turning left onto M4 for Bristol (central).

It is currently even more important to make sure you're in the left lane, because the roadworks are huge and add to confusion with lane closures. I personally think that any driver unfamiliar with this junction, following his satnav would go for the two outside lanes on the basis of "Keep right" and the right diagonal arrow.

My point is that this is a change to how the TT previously handled this junction and in my opinion, a change for the worse.

I can't tell you off the top of my head the details of my built-in Carminat TT (because I have to go out and sit in the van to take note of it).

Other device is GO550 Live, App 9.465, Map UK/ROI v905.4754

Anybody else wants to check it, Start coordinates 51.63586,-2.44997 End at 51.50440,-2.52179.

molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My One is showing a keep right arrow all the way down the M5 from J19 as if to stay on the M5 then once up on the junction at 300 yds correctly gives a left squiggle to go onto the M4 east
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, somebody with the same result. That left squiggle doesn't show until after you've reached the right diagonal and in the current roadworks and lane closures, could be too late to switch back over to the left (safely).

molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is 325 yds for the next instruction, the keep right arrow stays all the way to 0 coming off the M5.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies Dennis. Embarassed I checked the route again and, although the verbal instructions were correct, the graphics are wrong ... on the map and also the advance warning symbol below.

Normally a verbal manoeuvre instruction is accompanied by a graphic representation. Somehow the graphic bit for that segment junction (for keeping in the right lane), has been set in error

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: