Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware Reply with quote

As you know, the speed cameras from Nissan are in the firmware, not the memory card.

I found the attached document from Nissan and it looks like you can upload / modify the speed camera database with Nissan software.

This a bit beyond my capability, but would it be possible to create an update file with NO cameras in, thereby making the Nissan Connect system empty as far as cameras are concerned? Or did I miss the point?

https://mega.co.nz/#!NsMigCrY!LOBhAx6Vqqztha2R1CxqIEijR3cpbuGOgOrSE72rx6Y

Setup_NISSAN_Connect_PC_Tool.exe
https://mega.co.nz/#!lg9EnC4K!aw8_yGbXd7Vgmeq3J0ASekjVNcAKnnBMQqzfxzc2tDc

Jeff
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware Reply with quote

PiaggioMP3 wrote:
but would it be possible to create an update file with NO cameras in, thereby making the Nissan Connect system empty as far as cameras are concerned? Or did I miss the point?
Why would you want to do that? Or am I missing the point?

PS can you copy the relevant bit of the manual here. The damn Chrome popup on the site that yuou linked to is peeing me off Crying or Very sad Apart from the fact that it didn't download for me. Now for a virus check.
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
PiaggioMP3 wrote:
but would it be possible to create an update file with NO cameras in, thereby making the Nissan Connect system empty as far as cameras are concerned? Or did I miss the point?
Why would you want to do that? Or am I missing the point?

PS can you copy the relevant bit of the manual here. The damn Chrome popup on the site that yuou linked to is peeing me off Crying or Very sad Apart from the fact that it didn't download for me. Now for a virus check.

The point is, if you load the PocketGPS cameras you get two warnings, one from PGPS and one from Nissan, with the Nissan ones being out of date so false warnings as well.

The Manual is 18 pages (pdf). The upload site is MEGA and is protected by PGP (pretty good privacy) so that anything on there cannot be seen, this may be causing you an issue. They are virus free files, as I only uploaded them a short time ago. I will try and find other links.
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link

http://www.navigation.com/Juke_2012/nissan-eu/catalog/en_GB/EUR/
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware Reply with quote

PiaggioMP3 wrote:
The point is, if you load the PocketGPS cameras you get two warnings, one from PGPS and one from Nissan
My confusion arose because you missed that little bit of info from your first post.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just switch off the TT-supplied camera warnings on the Connect?

You can on all the normal TomTom models.
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Nissan COnnect with V1.5 firmware Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
PiaggioMP3 wrote:
The point is, if you load the PocketGPS cameras you get two warnings, one from PGPS and one from Nissan
My confusion arose because you missed that little bit of info from your first post.

Soz, thought it was obvious.
PiaggioMP3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Can't you just switch off the TT-supplied camera warnings on the Connect?

You can on all the normal TomTom models.

Nissan Connect is not TomTom; if you turn off warnings it turms them off for in-built and add-on POI's

Anyway, back to the original thought - a new camera update purchased form Nissan will DELETE French cameras (now against the law in France to have these), so it is entirely possible to delete them all! But then Nissan wouldnt get any update income. Think the only way to fix it is to somehow edit their update file so all cameras are disabled.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Very Happy . Nothing is obvious to me unless it's spelled out letter by letter Crying or Very sad , Do you have a copy of the Nissan cam database offering. If so, can you open it in Notepad or similar to see the format? If so, just try deleting the contents (on a copy of course) and see what happens.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Do you have a copy of the Nissan cam database offering. If so, can you open it in Notepad or similar to see the format? If so, just try deleting the contents (on a copy of course) and see what happens.

it's built into the firmware...
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh. Repeat to myself 100 times. "I must read posts and try to twig that if it's built into the firmware you can't overwrite it".
Makes you wonder how often they would get updated though, doesn't it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: