Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Samsung Galaxy SIII
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung Galaxy SIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bw2020
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above I am running TT on Android with PGPSW Camera Database POI files in map folder appearing on screen and using the CamerAlert App in background to give audible alerts. Works really well. Very Happy
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: On an Android tablet! Reply with quote

Thanks folks.

As it goes, the Mrs is now the lucky one with the S3!

I have now just popped the new TomTom app for Android on my nice new Samsung Note Tablet, does one assume all I now need to do is pop in the POI files into the map folder as usual and hey presto it will all work still or is there more too it? - like if i use my usual mapsettings.cfg file etc?

Cheers & a Happy New one.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put the POI files in the map folder and they will show on the map but there is nowhere for the mapsettings.cfg file to go as the Adroid version doesn't support POI Warnings.
Load CamerAlert from this site and let that run in the background to generate the warnings with TomTom app on the screen with the camera POI displayed on the map it's about as good as you will get.

You might find the camera icons when displayed in the TomTom app are a tad small due to the screen resolution of the device you are using, try the 44x44 icons instead as they display better - Mike
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: On an Android tablet! Reply with quote

mpwilson99 wrote:
Thanks folks.

As it goes, the Mrs is now the lucky one with the S3!

I have now just popped the new TomTom app for Android on my nice new Samsung Note Tablet, does one assume all I now need to do is pop in the POI files into the map folder as usual and hey presto it will all work still or is there more too it? - like if i use my usual mapsettings.cfg file etc?

Cheers & a Happy New one.

I don't think the Android app has a mapsettings.cfg file so just pop them in the map folder as you suspected. You will only get audible warning if you install CamerAlert too but at least you'll get the icons on screen
lenfish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although running TomTom Android on a Galaxy S2, am posting in this topic since it's relevant.
I run CamerAlert in the background and recently added the PGPSW speed camera icons to TomTom Android. The icons show correctly but are very small.
I've tried using the 44x44 icons and they remain the same size as when I use the smaller icons,. appearing in the TomTom tear drop shape exactly the same, only in colour.
I've read the various posts referring to the subject and tried re-naming the 44x44 icons by deleting the X2 reference (as suggested)but it makes no difference.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, could it be something to do with the screen resolution of the S2?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Len
mvl_boston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Tomtom's own forum, a customer said the optimal resolution for POI icons on the Android app was 24x24.

I haven't tried myself, so I can't confirm/deny this comment.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mvl_boston wrote:
In Tomtom's own forum, a customer said the optimal resolution for POI icons on the Android app was 24x24.

I haven't tried myself, so I can't confirm/deny this comment.

This may depend on native screen resolution, I tried 24 x 24 on a Nexus 7 & SGS3 & they were tiny. Changing for the larger 44 x 44 gave a distict improvement although you still wouldn't describe them as big

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: