Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Answers to Emails
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Answers to Emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCool
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: No Answers to Emails Reply with quote

The pubmeet on Saturday was enjoyable and worth the drive up from Southampton, thanks to the organisers, it`s a pity the retailers/manufacturers don`t show a bit more interest in the customer, as a follow up i emailed both Qbit and Handnav with questions which would probaly have resulted in a purchase but as yet i have had no reply. I know it`s a common thing but why do they bother to give an email address if they can`t be bothered to reply.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sentiments exactly!
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wishing to jump in like a cavalier and defend them, as there is no excuse for not answering emails and picking up the telephone to answer calls, but part of the reason for this is most of the online retailers are small companies. Most with a dozen staff or less, many like HandNav operating with 1 or 2 staff, and due to the way that GPS has exploded to the consumer level in the past year it has put a lot of pressure on these smaller retailers, but equally they don't have the margins because everyone wants the rock bottom price otherwise they go elsewhere so this leaves them in a tricky situation in not being able to resolve the staffing issue and continuing as they currently are.

When you get into that rut, it's very difficult to get out of it.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Most with a dozen staff or less, many like HandNav operating with 1 or 2 staff, and due to the way that GPS has exploded to the consumer level in the past year it has put a lot of pressure on these smaller retailers, but equally they don't have the margins because everyone wants the rock bottom price otherwise they go elsewhere so this leaves them in a tricky situation in not being able to resolve the staffing issue and continuing as they currently are.

And breathe! :D
MrCool
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: No Answers to Emails Reply with quote

Just to put things straight i have now had a reply from Qbits, thanks, point taken about small businesses, i did not know how large HandNav were i will give them a call.
stevie1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a bad experience with NavCity.

Order placed over a week ago - still shows as "processing" on their website.

Have sent 4 emails over four days trying to confirm when and if goods will be posted - not a single response to any of them -

Now worried that i will have difficulty trying to recover my cash.

Viewers should think very carefully when they choose to follow a sponsor link from this site.

Understand the comment about some companies being small concerns but good service and speedy response to customer enquiries is how word spreads and small companies become large ones!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nej wrote:
And breathe! :D

What's that ? I never breathe when I speak Laughing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevie1965 wrote:
I am having a bad experience with NavCity.

Order placed over a week ago - still shows as "processing" on their website.

Have sent 4 emails over four days trying to confirm when and if goods will be posted - not a single response to any of them -

Now worried that i will have difficulty trying to recover my cash.

Viewers should think very carefully when they choose to follow a sponsor link from this site.

Understand the comment about some companies being small concerns but good service and speedy response to customer enquiries is how word spreads and small companies become large ones!

NavCity and RIA (the company behind them) have always been exceptionally bad for internet related sales. They tend to want to service their Tottenham Court Road Customers more than internet sales. I have used them couple of times in the past and have had huge problems getting through to them on the phone and having huge waits when what they say they have in stock they don't have in stock.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: