Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Subscription Renewal & New Members.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Subscription Renewal & New Members.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres loads of them around, but why should one of them lock the thread on the whims of one or two posters? As has been said, most of the obvious options have been played out so what on earth would be achieved by locking the thread? If you don't want to read any more, then don't read it, it is optional you know. Gun Shoot Out
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No point in locking the thread and just opening another one - let the bleaters bleat, if that keeps them happy. They'll do it here, and if they can't, they'll do it there (they'll do it anywhere).

I agree though, a comment from the 'staff' would be a help! (Maybe Friday's newsletter will be revealing!)

Last edited by BigPerk on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Theres loads of them around, but why should one of them lock the thread on the whims of one or two posters? As has been said, most of the obvious options have been played out so what on earth would be achieved by locking the thread? If you don't want to read any more, then don't read it, it is optional you know. Gun Shoot Out

Hardly a whim, more a suggestion, given 'obvious options played out' and based on the recent 'off topic' and 'repetitive' bits (I quote from others, rather than say it myself). I know I don't have to read any more, and you can rest assured this will be my last post on this thread, before I get tarred with one brush or another. Over and out.
sausages
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burtonian wrote:
before I get tarred with one brush or another

Too late! FYI you were tarred with the one brush. The other brush is currently unavailable Laughing
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 4 posts in 20 minutes that add absolutely nothing whatsoever to the debate sort of proves my point methinks.

And always remember one man's "whim" is another's "sensible suggestion". As for reading it still, we are all as bad as one and other. Wink
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late to this particular party but most of the debate seems to revolve around existing lifetime members and the future viability of the business.

As Daren is one of the few people to actually have financial details available to him and he has stated there is no intention to revoke existing lifetime memberships I think we can assume that he believes that the business will remain viable without revoking them.

For the future have the team considered withdrawing the lifetime offer for mobile camera submissions or offering a reduced reward for mobiles? It seems to me that it is much easier to be first to spot a mobile camera as they are used in many more locations than fixed cameras. Removing or restricting the reward for mobiles might reduce the number of new lifers to sustainable levels. The lifetime reward for mobiles is a relatively new offer.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you don't want to read any more, then don't read it, it is optional you know. Gun Shoot Out
The only 'slight' flaw in this oft-quoted argument is that, if you just stop reading posts, you don't know whether there are more useful ones for the discussion that you can usefully contribute to, or just more noise Wink !

Re
Quote:
it is much easier to be first to spot a mobile camera
I stand to be corrected by verifiers, but I think mobiles need to be verified as well - so rather MORE difficult in fact to get a lifer on these then (unless I'm wrong of course).
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that mobiles rely on more than one sighting plus a verifier confirming that the location is plausible. The process is therefore likely to be slower than for fixed cameras but the high number of locations used may mean a high number of life memberships being awarded.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread has gone on long enough now so I'm going to lock it.

As I have said already, we have no intention of revoking Lifetime memberships for those who have already secured them. I don't believe that would be right or fair.

The team will now decide how we plan to modify the offer moving forwards. We stand by the model that rewards those who report but it will have to be a fairer reward.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to post and for the constructive comments, support and suggestions. I'd be grateful if you would now allow us some time to digest the contents of this thread and decide on how we will be proceeding.

We will make a formal announcement once that is done.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: