Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice Alerts Stop Working after Phone Calls
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Alerts Stop Working after Phone Calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goleigh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Voice Alerts Stop Working after Phone Calls Reply with quote

I have CamerAlert installed on an iPhone 4. Both have been updated to the latest software. The CamerAlert works perfectly until I use the phone through my BMW's bluetooth connection when it becomes unreliable and sometimes stops giving voice alerts. The only solution I have so far found is to exit the CamerAlert and then restart it. Is there something I can do to prevent this problem arising?
Thanks
JimP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goleigh,

I've also had some problems getting CA to work properly through my BMW's bluetooth. What works fine for me [both before and after incoming/outgoing call, including with BMW Nav operational] on a 2012 5 series:-

1. CamerAlert MUST be fully started before bluetooth connection to the car is established. This appears critical to success. CA closed using the Home/Home/Hold/Minus routine after each session.

2. Charging lead connected to either glove compartment USB or cigarette lighter - will not work reliably if connected to USB in central compartment [I don't have the fancy iPhone adaptor for that compartment]

I've set up a dummy [non-submitted!] camera location near my home just for the reassurance of a warning message as setting out.

I don't know the ramifications of the upcoming iOS6 release so would intend not to install that until clear it won't impede my CA operation. Anybody have advice on that?

Hope this helps.

Jim
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimP wrote:
I don't know the ramifications of the upcoming iOS6 release so would intend not to install that until clear it won't impede my CA operation. Anybody have advice on that?

I've been testing iOS6 with CamerAlert and haven't found any bugs related to iOS6. My install connects via BT to the head-unit without issue. I can make and take calls without losing voice alerts.
JimP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I've been testing iOS6 with CamerAlert and haven't found any bugs related to iOS6. My install connects via BT to the head-unit without issue. I can make and take calls without losing voice alerts.

Thanks Darren.

Jim
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, can you answer a couple of questions with the new iOS6 please? Firstly can you download the TT maps and store them onboard? Secondly can you still get Google maps satellite and street view using Safari? I suspect my wife's ipad2 will be offered an update very soon and we are wondering whether to accept or not.

Thanks
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren. Please ignore the questions I have just asked, because I have just noticed you have answered them on another thread. Sorry.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
CA_0203211204
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: iPhone Reply with quote

Thanks Darren for your reply, which I have only just received as I have been away. I will try your suggestions. I like the idea of a private test "camera"!
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimP wrote:
I've set up a dummy [non-submitted!] camera location near my home just for the reassurance of a warning message as setting out.

Was this possible to set up a dummy camera on an older version of Cameralert? I don't see any way of doing it now, as it seems you have to "submit" it?

advice welcome,

SDM197.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
Was this possible to set up a dummy camera on an older version of Cameralert? I don't see any way of doing it now, as it seems you have to "submit" it?

In the settings turn off the option to automatically transmit new submissions. Add new camera, it stays on your device but doesn't get uploaded. Then again, nothing else will either...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: