Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What database version do you download that's 19MB?

I'll admit from the start I have no idea how Ash's camera manager works or how it's downloads are different from normal, but downloading any of the "Normal" database versions that I use is very quick

I reckon the largest download is the European speed-zoned version complete with pMobiles and voice alerts with chime.

On my averagely fast Virgin Broadband that takes around 0-25 seconds to download the tomtom ov2 version on a bad day. That comes in as a 2.4MB zip file

But if I try the "Garmin other (GPX) or the "Other - GPX" versions, they only take a second or two - tiny amounts of data.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iirc it download a single file database and converts it. The conversion is what takes time. It has to generate all the files from the single file database. The GPX files also contain more data than the CSV and ov2 variants. On top of that it can also have every camera twice because you have the option for Camera Alerts and Overspeed Alerts.

However I don't remember the download file ever being anything like 19 Mb unless it now contains the voice files.
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i choose the following options to download

SatNav System
Garmin POILoader
Include pMobile Files

Camera Selections
UK - Speed Zoned Complete

Available Voice Packs
WAV: Female with Chime Prefix

It's 17754kb in size

The 19mb was the garmin_liz_speedzoned_uk_wav file

The download speed never goes above 250KB/s, yet if set download for nvidia drivers I'm getting 6MB/s

At the moment I'm trying to determine the best setup to use which will alert me to cameras in advance and repeat, as noticed on some it will alert you 0.5mile down the road and then not again, or will alert you with the voice wave and then for rest it will just beep.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're at cross-purposes here....
I thought we were talking about the Ash Camera manager GPX version?

A Garmin download that includes WAV audio files will be much larger than one that uses mp3s, as by their very nature the WAV files are uncompressed.

Also, don't forget that the database is not just a simple download of a pre-prepared package. I believe the specific files you need are compiled "on the fly" individually as per your specifications.

I was going to try a download of exactly the same options as you listed, but I'm in the middle of a Europe map download from TomTom at the moment so it wouldn't really be a fair test.

Now if you want to see slow downloads, try getting TomTom maps!
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably is the generation taking it's time as the output.csv (which looks to hold all the camera data) is downloaded quickly. I wonder also if it's because the app is using "UAC Virtualisation" as I'm running Windows 7 HP 64bit.

Garmin downloads are really slow compared to TomTom downloads. Maps on my Via Live 120 were downloaded within 10 mins, yet Garmin they take about 30 mins Sad

The Camera Manager size if I don't use wav files is around 15mb, but with wavs it works out a lot more. If I do directional then I'm looking at a 57mb file with the wav files
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance of porting this to the Mac, or will I always have to run it in a VM?
deeranwith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Camera manager problem after a rebuild Reply with quote

I posted this yesterday and it seems to have strayed away from this main list, apologies in advance.

I have just rebuilt my PC installing WIN 7 32bit and have tried to reinstall Camera Manager. It starts up and obviously needs configuring. The problem is it will not accept the source file location. The prog dialogue works fine and you can even 'view the files' but when you save the selection the prog just hangs.

Does Camera manager need any background programs to make it work like a particular version of .NET?
Question
kweller
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does Camera Manager store its preferences please?

I've just rebuilt this machine and having put CM back on it needs configuring. I still have my old 'c' drive so it would be easier for me if I could grab the configuration from that rather than set it all up again (not least because I can't remember how I had it configured!).

Thanks.

Kevin
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regedit...HkeyCurrentUser...Software...Camera Manager.

Dales.
bobmoss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Memory leak issues Reply with quote

Is anyone else having issues with Camera Manager using loads of memory?

If I leave Camera Manager running for a week or so, I start to notice that my PC starts to slow down. I then go to task manager, it reports that I'm using 5.9Gb of my 6Gb memory! However, Camera manager only shows as using a small amount of this.

BUT, If I use task manager to kill of Camera Manager, the amount of memory used slowly drops down over the space of a couple of minutes from 5.9Gb to 2.0Gb - Therefore Camera Manager was holding onto 3.9Gb of memory!

I know its definitely the Camera Manager as I've seen the same thing happen 3 times now on this PC and twice on my laptop.

I'm currently running version 3.6 beta. OS is Windows 7, 64bit.

Thanks.
brizzle16
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been having a few problems with v3.6 for a Garmin. Worked fine on the laptop but on the desktop it never completed. Digging around I traced it down to sox.exe having problems which resulted in having a very large number of the sox processes (2000+ IIRC) running which sucked up all the RAM/CPU.

As it is fine on the laptop I am suspicious of it being a problem with the soundcard driver as both machines are running the same version of OS (windows 7 ultimate 64bit).

Suppose this is only really for info incase other people have problems as the app seems to be OK Very Happy
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: How do I force a new download? Reply with quote

I'm still using v3 which runs fine for me (normally). However, last week the CSV file it produces that POILoader imports to my Garmin got corrupted.

So, I deleted it. But Camera manager seems insistant that there are no new updates. So, my question is - how does it know and check? Is there a file and/or registry entry I can remove so it goes and gets the latest again?

regards

Alan
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current PGPSW database version is shown on the Directories tab, in Camera Manager.

The data is held in registry
Regedit...HkeyCurrentUser...Software...Camera Manager

Dales.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I found those. I have deleted the .CSV file, but CM refuses to download the file again. So, I am thinking it has some way of knowing it has already downloaded this weeks file and refuses to download a new one until Wednesday.

What I want to do is override that refusal and get it to download/process the CSV file agaain
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you need do Alan is change something in the camera alerts setting , like change the warning for mobiles by a second and it will do a download straight away.

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 69 of 77

Jump to: