Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to remove mobile camera sites for Nissan Connect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try to explain the problem clearly.
Look at the camera submission page, and enter camera number 52753
this will bring up a 30 mph mobile on the B1038 Wicken Road. Travelling east I receive a warning but west bound nothing.
Continue east until the B1383 then turn north where there is another 30mph mobile camera (7552). For this one I have a warning southbound but nothing northbound. Continuing north on the B1383 you will come to another camera this one is a 50mph mobile (67160) this has a warning northbound but nothing southbound.
I've seen cameras at these locations and as far as I can remember the warnings are correct for the direction they would "catch" you, but I'm not 100% certain. As I said, I hadn't made this journey before I altered the CSV file so that's why I wondered if I'd messed it up in some way.
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the database so In the short term I'm going to reinstall the standard CSV and see how that works.
Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Thanks

Keith
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that ratman and niggles have the same problem, which seems to be a 'feature' of the Nissan Connect.
The cams that ratman refers to are:
52753 75 deg rev
67160 170 deg single
7552 157 deg single

so only 67160 is warning in the right direction for you. I've no idea why.
@Ratman. Got your email. Will reply later.
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First a big thank you to M8TJT for the help with editing the "name" column of the CSV.
Unfortunately I'm still having problems, receiving, camera warnings only in one direction of travel. Reinstall the CSV as downloaded and the unit gives a warning in both directions, so either the connect unit does somehow use data from the "name" column or maybe my unit's faulty? (It does give some very strange routes)
I have a camera very close by so I'm going to put back the removed "name" column details piece by piece until works again then try a few others nearby cameras to make sure I have the right "piece" of data.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Keith
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, I don't know the Connect, but can yo simulate a journey on it without actually driving the route to test the cams?
Your symptoms do seem a bit strange, as the direction 'data' was added to the camera name recently just to help out the users of non-directional systems , and it is doubtful that the Connect uses it.
I don't think that your routeing problem is in anyway related to the speed cams, but some systems do give weird routes sometimes. Confused
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringing back to life an old topic.

has anyone an update on this topic, as i was thinking about changing the name, column c, to suit my needs.

mat
BritBrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
bringing back to life an old topic.

has anyone an update on this topic, as i was thinking about changing the name, column c, to suit my needs.

mat

Ditto.

Shamless bump.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic was dead because the OPs problem was solved. Have a close read to see what was done.
And why would you want to get rid of the cams that are most likely to catch you Shocked
BritBrat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
The topic was dead because the OPs problem was solved. Have a close read to see what was done.
And why would you want to get rid of the cams that are most likely to catch you Shocked

Are you saying the direction issue was solved?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not saying that. What the thread indicates is that the Nissan Connect does not have directional capability on the PGPSW database. The 'direction' indicator in the camera 'name' is to give those people without directional capability an idea of what direction the cam is trapping. If for instance you are travelling north and get an alert where the popup says somethong like S-GATSO yada yada, then the cam is trapping southbound and not northbound.
The fact that ratman had spurious results seems to be just that, and the opening post was about removing mobile cams from the database.
Changing the name in column C will not affect the directionality of alerts becaus the Connect does not have directional alerts, but will change the displayed alert from what's in col C to whatever you put in col C. You cannot change the fact that the Connect is not directional?
So which bit of the thread are you bumping, and which particular question are you enquiring about?
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:
The biggest problem I've found with the speed camera warnings, is that they only display on screen for a couple of seconds and show all the contents of column C in the CSV file eg SE-GATSO:1744@50 I found this difficult to read so I spent a hour or so changing them to read GATSO 30, MOBILE 50 etc. So far this has worked okay. One thing I noticed tonight during a round trip, was that it only gave a warning whilst travelling in one direction, the warning was correct for the position of the speed camera and direction of travel though. Didn't make the same journey before I re named the warnings so not sure if it's something I did. Can't see how just re naming would change it?
I'm just hoping that the new data is added to the end of the file for each new release and not inserted into the middle otherwise it will be a real pain to re name them all every week.

Keith

I do the same with every file I download - so my messages simply say:
-2.17787,50.68304,"GATSO 40 mph [1]"
as I don't want any text on the screen that isn't necessary. Would be nice to have this option when downloading the file.
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the fact that you can't remove the inbuilt database from the connect, and it doesn't seem to display mobile sites, I was wondering if it's possible to request a change to the speed camera database download - would it be possible to have a radio button to select each type of camera with a further option of a "from" date for when the camera was added for each type - if the date is left blank, then all records for that type are added. This would allow me to add all mobile cameras, but and fixed cameras for only the last 3 months say - this would effectively "top up" my in built database so I don't get the annoying double warning of most fixed cameras.

If this is not worthwhile, would it at least be possible to have the option to have the date added to the download so I could achieve the above in excel?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: