Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live Premium on Android ICS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live Premium on Android ICS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: CoPilot Live Premium on Android ICS Reply with quote

Hi Peeps

I know this has been covered before, but has there ever been a definitive answer to:

Speed Camera import and display with alerts and

POI imports?

There are various forum etc out there which claim that there has been fixes released but I can't seem to get anything to work. If there has been a fix to either/both issues, can someone please post the answer(s). Driving

I'm using the Camera Alert app which is simply an excellent app, but I still badly miss being able to see cameras on the actual satnav screen and also the lack of being able to add poi files (Post Offices, Loos etc) is a pain.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks all - 157 views........... Shocked Rolling Eyes

Tried again using CP8 method and and and wtf all worked perfectly. The only minor issue is that the various camera icons are shown as the generic CP ones. Anyway I'm happy now. Very Happy
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version out now - CoPilot GPS - just download the free version from the Android marketplace, and then enter your username and password - it will upgrade to the latest paid-for version if you have a valid current edition and download new maps
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the version I have. All still working apart from the camera icons but thanks for the contact anyway. Smile
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the camera icons, they're tiny, but CoPilot seems to convert all the user files to their own format with nothing that looks even vaguely like a graphic, so I've no idea how new icons can be installed.

The other annoyance is that there are no camera warnings, even though the database is installed in the Speed camera poi folder the CoPilot doesn't give warning for them, except for the odd "Point of Interest" announcement.

I'm running CameraAlert in the background which is a great app but no substitute for a properly integrated Sat Nav, Come on CoPilot, give us full support for 3rd party poi with custom warnings.

While messing with the installation I had a period whem I had both sets of cameras, PGPSW & CoPilot on view & it was clear which one db was much more comprehensive, and it wasn't the CoPilot one
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
I have the same problem with the camera icons, they're tiny, but CoPilot seems to convert all the user files to their own format with nothing that looks even vaguely like a graphic, so I've no idea how new icons can be installed.

The other annoyance is that there are no camera warnings, even though the database is installed in the Speed camera poi folder the CoPilot doesn't give warning for them, except for the odd "Point of Interest" announcement.

I'm running CameraAlert in the background which is a great app but no substitute for a properly integrated Sat Nav, Come on CoPilot, give us full support for 3rd party poi with custom warnings.

While messing with the installation I had a period whem I had both sets of cameras, PGPSW & CoPilot on view & it was clear which one db was much more comprehensive, and it wasn't the CoPilot one

Maybe a daft question, but have you got the safety camera warning on? "Settings, Safety Cameras, Display Safety camera Alerts is ticked and distance selected. Safety cameras in POI should NOT be ticked as this is where the POI warning comes from. Hope that helps and works, as this is the way I have it set up and works fine. Good Luck.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamwolfe wrote:

Maybe a daft question, but have you got the safety camera warnings on? "Settings, Safety Cameras, Display Safety camera Alerts is ticked and distance selected. Safety cameras in POI should NOT be ticked as this is where the POI warning comes from. Hope that helps and works, as this is the way I have it set up and works fine. Good Luck.

Cheers Adam, I've tried every permutaion I can think of including yours above, but the best I can get is some cameras get warnigs whilst others get "point of interest", but I finally got p'd off with the guidance alerts and resorted to muting all sounds.

The guidance alerts seem to comprise 2 different alerts joined together with a silent gap inbetween ie distance ahead/silence/action required (eg. 500yds ahead..........turn left) On my SGS3 this has the effect of muting the music streaming from the phone for both announcments with a little sqeak of music inbetween where the silent gap is, which was really annoying. It would be less annoying if the guidance was output from the phone speaker, like CameraAlert, but I cannot find any setting in CoPilot that gives me options/control of where sounds are sent, so I switched them all off completely.

Now I have camera icons courtesy of CoPilot and audio warnings courtesy of CameraAlert running in the background, I'll only use the CoPilot guidance alerts when I'm desperate or if ALK give user control of sound output destination

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: