Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transfering maps and voice query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfering maps and voice query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronvking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Transfering maps and voice query Reply with quote

Hi I have a Navmap Panoramic (Full Europe) and also a Mio 689 (UK and Ireland)

I have found the Navman cant hold all of the europe maps due to its limited flash size but the 689 has twice as much flash. Can I transfer the maps from the Panoramic to the 689? If so how (just moving them across needless to say does not work)

Also I have found that the stupid voice on both seems to tell me to make a u-turn when clearly the map is showing an exit left to a slip road. Is there any known fix for that. Both have TTS Serina installedand suffer the same error so clearly not the GPS's at fault.

Thanks Ron
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving of maps from one device to another isn't allowed on any system I now of, including the Mio Navman because of copyright protection issues

With regards the spoke and visual command issues (ie. slip-roads or lane guidance telling you to exit etc.)

This is a recent issue - and can be solved

1. Remove all voices (standard and text to speech) other than English (you can retain both of these in TTS and standard voice format if you wish)

2, Re-install your latest map versions to each unit from the MyMaps folder of Navman / Mio Desktop software (within here you can select the countries allowed / purchased for the connected unit)

3. Reset your device

4. Try a Route Simulation which includes lane guidance or slip roads and you should find your problem resolved... but a word of warning, until they release a patch, if you re-install any other TTS voices it seems to create this error

All of this will also free up some space for more of your maps!
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
ronvking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks xtraseller,

Managed to sort the voice thing. The system files had updated via Mio website. Reinstalled the older version off the CD and its back to normal.

Re the maps, annoying that Halfords sold me a GPS with 44 European counties which cant fit on the device that are the same as the 689 yet I cant use them without paying another 60 odd quid. Both are less than a month old so the Panoramic might go back as unfit for purpose as it can't do the full ticket as labelled!

Cheers Ron

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: