Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot delete custom POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot delete custom POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pj123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Cannot delete custom POIs Reply with quote

I have a Thai Nuvi 2465 (for details of this model please see: http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/productdetailfeature.aspx?Category=PND&ID=11)

I added some speedcamera gpi files manually to the unit on both the onboard memory and on the sd card.

I removed the files from the unit but the POIs are still on the map. I tried using the latest POI loader to remove them. It confirmed all POIs removed but they are still on the map.

I did a reset of the unit but they are still there.

Would a reinstall of the software clean them out? Or delete and reinstall the map?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstalling map won't help as they're not part of the map, only the Garmin POIs are part of the map data.

Search both card and nuvi for .gpi files as nuvis will 'hoover up' gpi files wherever they are, not just those in the POI folder. Delete any you find.

Then delete current.gpx

Now reboot, they should all be gone Wink
pj123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked again. No gpi or other gpx files on the device apart from Current.gpx. I did find a folder called gpicache and I deleted the files I found there. Deleted Current gpx. POIs still there.

After I deleted the Current.gpx I expected the favourites to have been deleted but they are still there. When I check the unit again I find that the device has reinstated the deleted current.gpx.

I also tried renaming Current.gpx to xxxCurrent.gpx. The Nuvi just created a new Current.gpx with the same content.

Thanks
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Current.GPX is a system file and it will be recreated. I have it in a GPX folder.

On my 2200 my 'user' POI's are in a dedicated folder named POI. All that was in their initially was the UKIrelandCyclopsSample.GPI which got zapped almost straight away.

I know not all Garmins have the same structure so they are different.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: