Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help With Email Problem Please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help With Email Problem Please!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Received this reply from Freeparking yesterday:

Someone is spoofing her mail address and sending out spam (which is being bounced). You can either stop using this address (not ideal) or try setting up an SPF record via the DNS manager.

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/
is a really good wizard.

We tried it and unfortunately it did not work. We are sending them a response now and will see what else they come up with.

In the meantime I will try the system restore and setting up my account on Robert's PC (if he'll let me!)

Laura.
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the problem in the past where someone has sent out spam using my email address as the from address and I've received bounces and replies. Usually they peter out after a few days. But that's never given me a problem sending emails afterwards.

If you hadn't changed anything in your Outlook before it started failing, it may be that MaFt is right - your ISP is blocking you. Do your emails go out via their SMTP server? Have you checked with them?
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to anyone still following this thread,

A belated update:

Arrow We finally got a response from Freeparking asking us to update the mx servers and spam filtering information. We didn't know how to do this so they apparently did it for us. However the day before this, I could suddenly send email again with no problems.

Arrow We contacted our ISP (BT) to ask for the SMTP server details (which Freeparking had asked us to get) but they would not provide it. We tried calling them a second time with no success. As I could send email by then, we let it drop.

Arrow Since then, I have received several batches of the 'Mail Delivery Failed' spam emails but they have not stopped me sending emails. We contacted Freeparking again to see if they had any suggestions as to why this was happening but no response.

Arrow Today (again, on a Saturday, which was when this first all started!) I received over 120 'Mail Delivery Failed' spam emails. Surprise surprise, I can no longer send emails.

I guess I am going to have to contact Freeparking and ask them if they have any ideas why this is happening and how to stop it. Someone is obviously spoofing my email address. Everytime I check MailWasher I have a few new spam messages, almost 5 every minute. So annoying. I hope that the email sending capabilities will resume soon but this constant service interruption is very frustrating!
Evil or Very Mad

Laura.
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still following.

Did you try setting up your account on Privateer's computer and sending from there? I would have expected that to fail too.

I can only think that either Freeparking or BT are blocking you from sending after seeing a certain volume of spam emails.

In the past week I've been getting a few emails a day where random addresses from my domain are the senders, but nowhere near 5 a minute! So the spammers are obviously picking on my domain at the moment, but I haven't had any problems sending.
WebAgents
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: ME TOO!!! Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same issues and found this thread after looking for a solution.

Background:

I use freeparking for my domains and email servers. (ISP irrelevant)

I have two pop3 mailboxes (more really but talking about two will suffice)

One works FINE.

My main one does not, will not send emails but will receive okay. Settings are the same as each other and have not been changed.

I get the same error as the OP.

Now, my main address (the one that does not work) is and has been used by a spammer. The spammer is sending email with my email address as the return address so I get all the out of office replies and undeliverable bounce backs.

There is NOTHING that freeparking can do to stop this - anyone can use any email address as their reply to address in an email.

I live with it, filtering out and deleting using outlook rules etc.

I had it happen once before on a different email address and I had to change address as I was getting 2000 emails every 5 minutes.

Now, freeparking fobbed me off once with a 'if it works using webmail then it's your settings' excuse.

But as I can't send mail now I need this sorting.

I now think it is because of freeparkings smtp server that WE can't send emails. I have raised a ticket and we will see what they say (I'll update this as and when they come back to me)

PLEASE OP update with your findings, between us we may just get it sorted.
WebAgents
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well freeparking replied...

Told me to try port 2525 (already tried - no joy) or I'll have to use my isp smtp server.

Helpful....NOT!

Told them to actually LOOK at the problem - instead of giving stock answers.

Fancy telling me to use another server...may as well use another provider ;-)

Anyway, I have changed to another smtp server temprarily...gmail's.

And when I get around to it I think it's time to leave freeparking...

I'll move my 12 domains away and seperate my email at the same time...maybe a cheap hosted service which has my OWN mail server.

I'll update if freeparking answer again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: