Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 890 Maps Out 23rd May 2012
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

890 Maps Out 23rd May 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
Hmmm...I'm experiencing a problem with downloading the UK&ROI 890 map onto my Go 550 Live.

The download appears to be proceeding OK, until an error message pops up in Home. Installation then halts.

The error message reads "The archive file contains this file Live_Set.rpf The file should not be part of this archive".

The 'archive file' referred to seems to be the UK&ROI zip file, which presumably has been downloaded, but not installed.

I've tried twice, but the same thing happens. I've checked the 550, and it's still map 885 running on there.

Any suggestions?

EDIT... I've had a look in the 890 UK&ROI zip file downloaded onto my laptop. It does contain the Olympic Park, Live Sites, Park & Ride and Stadium files that MrT has mentioned above.

The 890 zip file has NOT been installed onto my 550 due to the Live_Set.rpf file which it contains.

Please feel free to correct me, but it seems that Tomtom have included files on the new 890 UK&ROI map which either Home or my 550 (or perhaps both) have decided shouldn't be there.

Has anyone else experienced this with the new map?

I've not yet raised a ticket with Tomtom support, as I feel that their usual initial advice to reformat my 550 etc would not be helpful at this stage :-(

I'm also getting the same error on my TT 540, I'm still using home 2.7 as I don't want the forced navcore 9.430 update which then messes up my live services.

TomTom 540
v9.510
Map v905.4754
MaFlump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
MaFlump wrote:
Thanks for that, already have the my tomtom...i just don't want to fire the device up and it only offers the 8.85 and I have to then phone and chase tomtom.

Well you will have to fire it up and try it out to find out

No reason why it won't offer you v890 - my new TT 60 got them first thing this morning offered - downloaded and working no problem

MyTomTom is now a lot more stable and functional than people sometimes give it credit - I'd say give it a go, and you'll get your latest maps...! Good luck Laughing

Aye...I gave in and fird her up and the 8.90s where there for download.

Thanks
Gary (Phew)
Antoeknee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK and ROI 890.4222 downloaded amd installed in about 6-7 minutes on my 550 Live.

My Navcore 9.43 and using Home 2.8.4.2.2596

550 working fine after update no loss of favs or warnings.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:

I'm also getting the same error on my TT 540, I'm still using home 2.7 as I don't want the forced navcore 9.430 update which then messes up my live services.

Don't expect it to work when you are not using the version of TT Home that was released to install the v890 maps!

iPhone 12
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the reason it's not working I'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place, live services that work with an old map or a new map and no live services! I think this may be time to say goodbye to TomTom!
I wonder what will happen if I just delete the offending files from the map?

TomTom 540
v9.510
Map v905.4754
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46...Thanks for that advice. It does seem clear from all the comments that in order to get the new map on my 550 I'll have to update Home (which will then presumably at some point also update the Navcore, and remove the auto-on function).

Like Ratman633 I've also briefly thought about trying to remove the new files before installing and see what happens, but discounted that idea for fear of a bricked device. It's probably an unlikely outcome, but not a risk I'm willing to take.

It's probably going to be a couple of days before I've got time to update Home etc, but it looks like that's the path I'll have to follow.

Thanks again to all for the advice.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
I am not sure of the relationship between updating to the latest version of Home and the map installation. I can only assume it is relevant in some way,

I agree it is logical to assume it is relevant in some way. Remember there was a time when the new map update would wipe out our mapsettings, favourites etc, etc, which has at long last been corrected. (Except on my Carminat with a different customised version of Home and Navcore Evil or Very Mad )

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Home designation, eg X.Y.ZZZZ, would presumably reflect changes to its programme. Change to X has happened once and signified a major change. Change to Y happens more frequently, and represents 'upgrade' of performance. It could be a change to the unzip programme, or something else eg the fact that now an interrupted map download can be resumed, when in the past it was a major recovery operation. I assume Z is TT's design/build designation ie the one they got to work on their test bed.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 4 month old Go 820 and have for the 1st time ever on any TomTom purchased map updates. Am I correct in thinking that if I update I will lose my favourites? Is there anything else that may need to be corrected after the update? Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give you Gospel truth, 'cos I don't have an 820. But they've corrected that problem on my GO550 and all the other recent models that I've heard of (my Carminat is of the old school and has its own Navcore and Home version).

newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I can't give you Gospel truth, 'cos I don't have an 820. But they've corrected that problem on my GO550 and all the other recent models that I've heard of (my Carminat is of the old school and has its own Navcore and Home version).

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go and blame you if it goes wrong Twisted Evil Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not my fault, it was HIM Stupid

mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great, usually when downloading the Western Europe update it asks me if I want the northern or southern part as my device cannot store the full size map. It's not doing that this time so it's just saying my device doesnt have enough room to download the update!

It's a TomTom XL2
newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Denis, that went fine. Smile

Save starting another thread does anyone know if Google search works in Spain?
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:

I'm not sure what the problem is here?

I am running a GO540 Live with full live services running, latest 890 map and Navcore working side-by-side.

TomTom released a navcore resolving the live service error.

Just make sure you do a FULL drive backup from My Computer before attempting any updates.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: