Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap Navigator 5.6 not working on Blackberry 9300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap Navigator 5.6 not working on Blackberry 9300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew-webber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Telmap Navigator 5.6 not working on Blackberry 9300 Reply with quote

I have a Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 running on the O2 network in the U.K.

I have downloaded the latest Telmap navigator program from Blackberry AppWorld (version 5.62 build 60 in the about screen).
The serial number in the about screen is 13158676

Everything appeared to install correctly and I have connected the application to BBM.

When I go into the application, it shows me my current location(so it must have a GPS signal lock?), however when I try to navigate to a another location that I have searched for, I just get the message "searching for GPS location. Wait OR get manual instructions from the options below"

I have left the phone outside for over 2 hours and it still can not find a GPS signal.

I have checked that all of the modules have allow permissions, which they do.

Could someone maybe please help me to get it working - or point me in the right doirection. I have emailed tugadmin@telmap.com but not received a reply.

I have managed to get it working once this morning, but if I exit the application and then run it up again, I then get the same message and no navigation is possible.

It seems to be very random, as to when it will get a GPS signal - or thinks that it has.
I have Blackbery protect running, if that makes any difference?

What are the memory requirements - I have about 15mb free on the device?

Thanks & Best Regards

Andrew
fpeedy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you deleted Telmap, restarted your BlackBerry and installes Telmap again?

Sadly this version is not available in my country so I've to use v5.61.94 from the TUG.
This is also an option for you. Visit www.telmap.com/tmug via BlackBerry and download this version. After you've registered under www.telmapbeta.com and received an activation key you can use this version.
Okay, it's an earlier version but if it helps.
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not working for me either (BB9300 on Vodafone).

E-mailed 'tier1@telmap.com' - no reply.

I'm going to revert to the Beta version until they get it sorted.
andrew-webber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Ray_M and fpeedy.

Yes, I have deleted and tryied re-installing on a number of ocassions and it has made no difference.

I received a reply from Telmap this morning and they said to do the same thing.

I have now amnaged to registry on the telmapbat site and so will download the beta version and see if that makes any difference, but I am sure it is a software issue.

Thanks again

Andrew
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version has appeared on Blackberry App World! I'm going to DL it - report later...
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version appears to be working OK on my BB9300 (Vodafone UK). However, I don't seem to be able to access My Places (http://myplaces.telmap.com/) the online component of Telmap, which I could use before with my Beta version. I've tried re-registering several times but each time I get a message that an error has occurred, please try again later.

Can anyone from Telmap confirm whether I should be able to access My Places, and has anyone else managed to register?
andrew-webber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know that http://myplaces.telmap.com/ exosted so I have just tried to register and as you say, I just get a message saying that an error has occurred.

So what does this website allow you to do exactly (store places, I guess) - is there any documentation anywhere?

Thanks & Best Regards

Andrew
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The online component of Telmap Navigator allows you to manage My Places on your PC rather than on your phone. You can do searches, for example, and save the results - these results can then be synced with your phone. It is also possible to plan routes using My Places or search results and then print them off - AFAIK there is no way of transferring routes to your phone.

I always found it quite handy. I don't think you need any manual for it, it's pretty self-explanatory.
andrew-webber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ray_M as you say, it will all hopefully be pretty self explanatory whne I finally manage to login / register.
I have just tried again and got the same technical issues error message

Andrew
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody managed to get the online component of Telmap Navigator to work with the free version from Blackberry Apps?
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recent correspondence with Telmap CS would seem to indicate that the Web component is not available with the Free BB version.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: