Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Car Dock Mode/Car mode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Dock Mode/Car mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macpherson3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Car Dock Mode/Car mode Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get the Car Dock/Car Mode to work as i can't. I have tried all the options but with no joy?

Is it possible to have the app launch when bluetooth is activated?

I have the Android CameraAlert App.

Thanks

Macpherson3
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting to the point where "Slide - Tap" is just too much effort these days, any chance of wiring my phone to my brain?

If not, what about when I pass camera 34351 going North can CamerAlert switch my kettle on so there is a brew waiting for me when I get home?

EDIT

PUBLIC APOLOGY to macpherson03 above, Sorry. This post was not directed at you, it's just that your post was the catalyst for me to say, in a very sarcastic way, "No Thank You, that's not for me"!

I for one think that the CamerAlert for Android is a fantastic app but I find that it is becoming "clunky" and difficult to use with all the extras people are wanting it to do/load automatically. We are all different, we do not all want the same things. I want a nice, simple app that tells me where the cameras are as I approach. If I want my phone to do other things simultaneously, I start that app manually and everything works fine.
Please PgpsW, no more additions.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Last edited by AliOnHols on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Car Dock for your phone? If not, have a look in the Market for an App (I believe there are a number) that switches Car Dock or Car mode on.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Last edited by JockTamsonsBairn on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
If not, what about when I pass camera 34351 going North can CamerAlert switch my kettle on so there is a brew waiting for me when I get home?
There are plenty of utilities available to do this (Llama, Tasker, etc.). Is your kettle Bluetooth or Wifi?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
AliOnHols wrote:
There are plenty of utilities available to do this (Llama, Tasker, etc.). Is your kettle Bluetooth or Wifi?

Thanks JockTamsonsBairn, Touché. Very Happy
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
macpherson3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Car Dock Mode/Car mode Reply with quote

Thanks Jock. I will give it a try.

AliOnHols. I did not think i would get such a reply on my first ever post but i see your point, but it was good to find out that i require a car dock app.

Macpherson3
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Car Dock Mode/Car mode Reply with quote

macpherson3 wrote:
AliOnHols. I did not think i would get such a reply on my first ever post but i see your point, but it was good to find out that i require a car dock app.

Macpherson3

@macpherson3, agreed. It was unfortunate that it was your post that was the straw that broke this particular camel's back. I edited-in an apology as soon as I noticed that you were new.

Edited to correct forum name.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again, hopefully this may go some way to making amends.

If you do not have a Car Dock some Android phones can be tricked into Car Dock mode (even without an app I think) by placing a very weak magnet next to them, you will have to experiment to find the exact position. For my phone (Motorola Defy), the location is adjacent the MicroUSB port.

A magnet of one polarity sends it to CarDock mode, a magnet of the other polarity sends it to Desk Mode.

I have glued a fridge magnet to the outside of an old Cassette Tape Case, opened the cassette case back on itself and place my phone in this "cradle" while charging it at home.

WARNING - At your own risk. I accept no responsibility if this breaks or damages your 'phone.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's useful info!

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As explained, Car Dock is designed for supported cradles that can trigger Car Dock Mode on handsets.

No supported Car Dock, no worky! The alternative is to try one of the suggested apps, just bear in mind that we are using the approved Android method to detect Car Docks, if the apps don't work, that's not our fault.
Pipeliner
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Car Dock Mode causes Camera Alert not to work Reply with quote

I was going through the various options in CameraAlert menus and tried to set my HTC Wildfire S so it would start when plugged into my car charger. Now when I try to start CameraAlert either by plugging it into the car charger or manually start, it the screen going black and Camera Manager text appears on the screen but it then goes black again and the software does not seem to start. As this happens a week or so ago, I then get the message that the database needs updating.

I can try deleting the Camera Alert from the phone but presumabaly the link to my account would be lost.

Any help would be appreciated.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no option for auto start when plugged into a charger so no idea what you've done there!

You can delete the app and re-install, no issues. Just use the "Link Account" option on the Manage Cameras page to enter your subscriber details.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: