Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Red Box next to speed indicator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Box next to speed indicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelbreese
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Red Box next to speed indicator Reply with quote

Last week I was driving at about 110kph for about 3 hours when suddenly a red box popped up next to my speed indicator with the number (something like) 256 and avg below it. Can anybody tell me what that was - I touched the screen and it disappeared. Never seen it before and don't know how it popped up to return it
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Red Box next to speed indicator Reply with quote

Hi Steelbreese,

Steelbreese wrote:
I was driving at about 110kph for about 3 hours when suddenly a red box popped up next to my speed indicator with the number (something like) 256 and avg below it.

CamerAlert is reporting that you are in a SPECS type (average speed section) area [256 is your average speed] and that you are speeding [red box].

OK, that's what CamerAlert is reporting - this may be down to poor GPS signal. If it happens a lot then please ensure that you have the latest version of the software and also the latest version of the database.

What phone/device are you running CamerAlert on?
What version of CamerAlert are you running?
What version of the camera database are you running?

If you regularly drive the same road and get the same display then we need to check that the camera sites are correct. It could also be a local transmitter affecting things.

By the way, touching the screen near the speed will manually turn on or off the average speed monitor.

Have you read the online manual for CamerAlert on the Android?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Steelbreese
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Privateer,

I am running v1.3.5.548 and database 10.032 (31635) on HTC Desire HD and yes in Australia the screen does break up a lot - often compressing the screen to a tightly condensed screen of a huge area - e.d. the entire city and then resets its self to the area I am driving.

I don't drive the stretch of road often but thanks for explaining it to me - I wasn't aware of the SPECS type (average speed section).

I haven't read the manual - but will - shame it cant be downloaded to a PDF as it is a bugbear for me to read on the screen

Rgds,

Steelbreese
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Australian average speed cams are usually in the form of 'Safe-T-Cams' - that, as far as I'm aware, are only used to track HGV's along the major routes as well as various other HGV-specific stuff.

As Privateer suggested, you can tap the speed/average speed to close this mode.

MaFt
Steelbreese
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather enjoyed learning that I was averaging 256 Kph - don't think my car would do that but it looked good

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: