Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - latest navigator version for tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

latest navigator version for tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cygnusx04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: latest navigator version for tomtom Reply with quote

Hi - I have a tomtom one v4. It's running Navigator 8.014. How do I find out what is the latest navigator version available for a particular device? If I run "Update my device" from tomtom Home no navi updates are found.

Reason I ask is my dad has an old tomtom one XL. It's never had the navigator software updated and after using my v4 device he commented on how my speed camera POI's appear on the actual map whereas he just gets an icon in the top left of screen but no icon on the actual map. I figured this might be because he is running an old navigator version. (we run same pocketgps cam DB)

Will plugging his device into my version of Home allow me to upgrade his nav version? Or do I have to manually upgrade somehow?
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTHome will upgrade any suitable device connected to it & give you the latest navcore/application. Remember this is done incrementally (one version at a time) so if a unit's running a very old version you need to keep checking/updating (allowing it to reboot after each upgrade) until it says there's nothing newer.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: latest navigator version for tomtom Reply with quote

cygnusx04 wrote:
after using my v4 device he commented on how my speed camera POI's appear on the actual map whereas he just gets an icon in the top left of screen but no icon on the actual map. I figured this might be because he is running an old navigator version. (we run same pocketgps cam DB)

That sounds more like a simple set-up issue in the Preferences menu.

I Preferences / Manage POIs/ Warn when near POIs, you can set up the camera POIs to give you warnings, with an icon in top left of the screen and any audio alert you've chosen (spoken or sound effect).

But that's totally separate from whether they are shown on the map or not.

That's done in Preferences / Show POI on map. You have to tick the ones you want to see.
On some models, there are individual settings here to decide if you want to see them on the 2D and 3D views, but I don't think that's a feature of the ONE models.
They will automatically get ticked after you have done the warning set-up, but there's nothing to stop you un-ticking them again later on.

Also there is a "global" setting to decide whether you want to see POIs on the map or not. That's on the "Options" button on the "Browse map" page.

-------

But to answer your original question, if your dad's unit is a "ONE XL" I believe the latest software is v8.010. If your "v4" is the one a.k.a. the "ONE 30 Series" then the latest for that is also v8.010.

Other models such as the "XL" and the "ONE IQ" have later software versions. So if you're not absolutely sure, you may want to enter the first two characters of the serial numbers of each device into the tool here to get a definitive answer as to the hardware names.
cygnusx04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information guys - plenty for me to go on.

as per your link my v4 is a "ONE (30 Series)"

will be a while before I get my hands on my dads tomtom to update - will update here ASAP.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to do full backups (using Windows Explorer, not TT Home) before you do any updating. In fact do them as soon as you can.
Then do ANOTHER one after any updates.

Instructions are in the TomTOm FAQs at the top of the forum index page.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: