Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Expedition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Expedition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all of the above,but to no avail

It simply refuses to save anything to "Files",previously created routes,or new routes.

Goes through the motions but there is nothing in the "Files" section.

The puzzling thing is that it did it all OK at first so something has happened.

Have penned an e-mail to Satmap.

Ian
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the new planner a couple of times now, and after my original misgivings I'm warming to it. The full screen, split screen mode is really good, as is the option to create a set of POIs or a route.

However, most of the functions that I like are apparently only part of the Premium product. Nice to have the 12 months free upgrade, but if I am expected to pay for this, it will be back to the good old Walkhighlands.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having used the new planner for a bit,and sorted the previous problem out I have to say it is one of the worst pieces of mapping software I have had the misfortune to come across.

Routes that refuse sometimes refuse to save and when they do they have vanished next time you look,won't save from the full page map,all I get is a blank box half grey and half white and that is it,page frozen,start again.

Pay for it,you must be joking.

Ian
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidor wrote:
I've used the new planner a couple of times now, and after my original misgivings I'm warming to it. The full screen, split screen mode is really good, as is the option to create a set of POIs or a route.

However, most of the functions that I like are apparently only part of the Premium product. Nice to have the 12 months free upgrade, but if I am expected to pay for this, it will be back to the good old Walkhighlands.

Does anyone know whether the Aerial View uses a different datum from OS maps? I ask because if I create a route along roads and tracks on an OS map, they are somewhat to the side of the clearly visible tracks in the aerial view.

I agree about reverting to using the WalkHighlands planner after 12 months if SapMap don't come up with a better deal for those of us who thought that they had bought a package which included a planner for life.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
spudsocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy putting new routes on the last few days, and put on all my coast to coast routes as well. Logged on today, and everything has vanished. Where are all my routes? Obviously I have saved them my end, but i want to share my routes. Gutted about changing over anyway, after the comments left in the past. Now wondering if I have wasted my time transferring them. Have they been wiped? or will they come back.... Crying or Very sad
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudsocks wrote:
Been busy putting new routes on the last few days, and put on all my coast to coast routes as well. Logged on today, and everything has vanished. Where are all my routes? Obviously I have saved them my end, but i want to share my routes. Gutted about changing over anyway, after the comments left in the past. Now wondering if I have wasted my time transferring them. Have they been wiped? or will they come back.... Crying or Very sad

Did you by any chance change your user name after you uploaded your routes?
My Blog Geocache Trails
spudsocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its been fine for a few days, Just today i logged on as i have before, and nothing there. Although I went on share, and my coast to coast routes are there, but nothing else. Also there seems to be a lack of routes in general on the UK map.
When i go into 'My Expedition' All my routes are gone. So i made another to test, and it is still there, but still nothing else
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudsocks wrote:
no, its been fine for a few days, Just today i logged on as i have before, and nothing there. Although I went on share, and my coast to coast routes are there, but nothing else. Also there seems to be a lack of routes in general on the UK map.
When i go into 'My Expedition' All my routes are gone. So i made another to test, and it is still there, but still nothing else

Spudsocks,

I have had this,see above,and I am afraid they have gone forever.

As I said in a previous post,it is a shockingly bad piece of programming.

Ian
spudsocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took pride in my routes, and getting them right matted to me. And I got good feedback in the past. Always put pictures to my routes as well as full descriptions for everyone else. Are there any Independent web sites around where you can upload your GPX files to share with others. Want to add pictures and descriptions without it been wiped off the map.

I love satmap and even think Expedition is good as a planner, but Share is no good. Especially if they keep wiping peoples hard work.
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others I've been having problems and contacted Tech Support who told me that they had problems with a server which I think lost all the routes and other stuff. I'm pretty relaxed about that as all my routes are backed up on my hard drive and I'd only uploaded a couple so that I could 'play' with the planner. Clearly it's a bummer if you've spent ages modifying them and then lose them.

At the moment I've lost access to premium features which I paid for.

I agree with those who have said it's a good bit of software spoiled by some poor programing. It certainly compares well with the various free sites and is a country mile ahead of the Ordnance Survey's offering.

I'm waiting for Tech Support to return to work on Monday and I'll persevere with getting what I've paid for.

I've also suggested to Satmap that they should host their own forum so that we can have more direct access to make suggestions and occasionally moan.

For those who wish to post their routes then HaroldStreet let's you do that as, I think, does Outdoors Magic. If you google gpx route it will throw up most of the relevant sites.[/i]
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All routes and POIs now restored but still waiting progress on premium access. Suggest others now check and if they're still not there drop an email to Tech Support.
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My final post on this topic. Having again contacted Tech Support this morning they have now restored my premium access and all other problems, including freezing screens, appear to have been resolved. This happy bunny will celebrate by loading up the SatMap and heading for the hills tomorrow. Hope everyone else gets sorted...and I have to say the split screen facility with differential zoom levels is very handy Laughing
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmellyBoots wrote:
I have to say the split screen facility with differential zoom levels is very handy Laughing

There are still a few oddities, though. I don't like the way in which, if you try to over-zoom a 1:25k OS map, it changes to a Bing map without any warning. And, for some reason or other, it doesn't let you edit a route in full screen mode. What's that about?!

Having said that, the split screen mode is useful. I aways have an arial view in the second screen, zoomed in closer than the main map. You can often see where tracks are, more accurately than they are shown on the map.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you emailed your views to Satmap on your concerns of having to pay for the new route planner did you have a reply or not.
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostme,

I'm not sure who you're asking but I never had a sub to the old style route planner so was always going to have to pay for premium access. Despite the glitches identified I personally think £30 is reasonable for this given that they charged more than double that for the previous and much poorer offering. Obviously free for everyone would be perfect but back in real world... OS Getamap is now £18 but the extra £12 on Satmap is worth it as it's clearly a better product.

As with the Active10 when it was first introduced I'm confident that Satmap will iron out the remaining glitches.

As for zooming into Open Streetmap it does do that but there is a "magnification counter" at the bottom of the screen so that if you keep an eye on it you can avoid that...light touch on the gas required.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: