Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new navcore 9.400 for x20/x30/x40/x50 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new navcore 9.400 for x20/x30/x40/x50 devices
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: new navcore 9.400 for x20/x30/x40/x50 devices Reply with quote

TTHome now offereing (forcing) this

Quote:
Version 9.400
GO Classic, ONE, ONE-S, XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 920, 720, GO 730, 930, 630, RIDER, RIDER2, ONE XL, ONE XL S, GO 300, GO 740 LIVE, EASE, ONEv3/ 3rd edition, ONEv2/ new edition)

All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.
The Speed Cameras service has the following improvements:
You are now warned about speed cameras with new, clearer icons.
You can now report and delete speed cameras with one touch.
You can now confirm that a speed camera is still there.
When driving in an average speed check zone, your average speed is now displayed.
If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.
We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. *
TomTom Buddies and sending and receiving files from your device using Bluetooth are no longer supported.
The TomTom HD Traffic receiver is also no longer supported. The receiver was only available in the Netherlands. When downloading this software, the TomTom HD Traffic receiver will no longer be compatible with the device. If you want to continue using the HD Traffic receiver, you must not download this software.
GO 520/720/920: if you download a new map after installing this update you will be upgraded to a map that supports addresses in Greek and Russian.
If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices exceptes the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.
Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was me thinking it was only for -

Version 9.400
ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50 (LIVE)

Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows indeed!
My 540 also gave the Sim card error 1008 so they certainly ain't fixed it yet

PS direct from http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/News-and-announcements/New-software-update-for-HOME-PNDs-v9-400/td-p/157663

Quote:
Hi all,
The software update applies to the following devices:

(UK): ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50

(US/CAN): GO Classic, ONE, ONE-S, XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 720, GO 920, GO 730, GO 930, GO 740 Live, RIDER, RIDER2, ONE XL, ONE XL S, GO 300, EASE, ONEv3/ 3rd edition, ONEv2/ new edition)

We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. You can read more here.

•All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.
•If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices except the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.
• If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 550 Live has had the new 9.400 navcore installed without any problems. No Sim Card errors encountered (so far!).

The status bar appears to be exactly as it was previously, so I'm not sure what the differences are supposed to be. I haven't used the 550 on the road yet, so I'm not sure what else will appear when I do.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what you have got selected on the status bar.
Eg, if you have the current time displayed, nothing will change.

But if you deselect that and select to show the road speed, you'll see a new speed limit sign all the time.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the confusion over what models this update is for...

It's just been pointed out to me that where it says
Quote:
.....XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50

.... that ONLY means it's not for the Start 1.

It *is* for all the models mentioned after that.
Poor Dutch/English punctuation!

'TT Discussions' say:

Quote:

The software update applies to the following devices:

(UK): ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL (but not Start 1), GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50

(US/CAN): GO Classic, ONE, ONE-S, XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 720, GO 920, GO 730, GO 930, GO 740 Live, RIDER, RIDER2, ONE XL, ONE XL S, GO 300, EASE, ONEv3/ 3rd edition, ONEv2/ new edition)

We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. You can read more here.

•All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.
•If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices except the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.
• If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.

(Thanks to member 'justbrowsing' for the quote)

I've added brackets around "but not Start 1" for clarity.

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
It depends what you have got selected on the status bar.
Eg, if you have the current time displayed, nothing will change.

But if you deselect that and select to show the road speed, you'll see a new speed limit sign all the time.

Yes, as you guessed I had the time selected. I've tried a Demo with the time deselected, and speed limit selected and lo and behold the speed sign appears. Thanks for that Andy. Smile
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto switch-on's gone on my 550 too!

wtf do they think they're doing?
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:

I hadn't noticed that, as I was checking it out in the office. Have now tried the 550 in the car, and no auto power-on when connected to the 12v supply. Crying or Very sad
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:

wtf do they think they're doing?

They've transferred it to the new range. Nice too! Laughing
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone noticed anything different with HD Traffic? Improved or decreased range etc?

I hope the dreaded 'horizon' feature hasn't made an appearance!
cu389
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My XL-340TM is not listed on the model list. However, 9400 was offered when I connected to TomTom Hom. I installed this & everything seems to work so far. I did need to re-create the password for my device.
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my 540, sim error 1008 and also status bar no longer shows remaing distance but shows arrival time and time left.
Don't need time left but would like to know how far it is.
Antoeknee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also after update have to click legal notice every time at start up. Unless there is a way to disable this that I haven't noticed.
clay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not being offered this update for my tomtom go520.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: