Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera alert
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshgasman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Camera alert Reply with quote

Hi all,

I;ve invested in a Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT as my i3s were were unable to be updated with new maps.

Firstly I have to say very disappointed, Touchscreen etc nice, but it does not seem to be half as good as the old i3.

Anyway, when travelling along I get camera alerts. One with a camera icon and one without. I believe that it comes with cameras for the first year, but I load the cameras here regardless.

However I get 70mph warnings when I am doing 65.??

I had this problem with my i3s and never got to the bottom of it. Now it appears to be the same for this unit.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution. I'd like to be notified only if I am exceeding the limit.

TIA
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my nuvi, I disabled the Garmin camera alerts to avoid the double warnings. In fact, I fairly soon removed all the Cyclops files from the unit altogether (after backing up on PC just in case).

The Ash10 Camera Manager program can be set so you only get a warning if you are over-speed. Turn off the Approach Warnings, tick the Overspeed Warnings, tick the warning time you require, and turn off the Overspeed Margin.

Dales
welshgasman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll disable the Garmin version and see what shows up after.

I can't get Ash's program to run on win7. It starts alright, I untick the approach options and click apply and it just hangs.

Edit: Ash's program was actually working, windows just shows it as 'Not responding'. It eventually comes back with 'files are ready for install'.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I find Win 7 gives the 'not responding' alert too easily... Quite often when a program is actually doing a lot of work! I get it frequently with POI Loader when uploading the files!

Silly thing is as soon as it says 'not responding' people tend to kill the program - but it shows the warning at the point it's doing what you want it to do...

MaFt
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Windows 7 doesn't do compatibility mode very well with some programming languages. Especially the 64bit version.

That's what forced me to write my camera converter using the very latest .NET4
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
welshgasman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Silly thing is as soon as it says 'not responding' people tend to kill the program - but it shows the warning at the point it's doing what you want it to do...

MaFt

That was what I was doing.Smile
welshgasman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll be taking it back. Today it diverted me off to a B road at a roundabout, only to join the main rd at the next roundabout. So it routed me through a 30mph area instead of a 60mph area. I only took the route as I thought it was taking a short cut to my destination.

The bloody thing locks up all the time. I couldn't work out why it had the speed limit at 70 on the A40 when it is 60, only to find it had locked up again.

If I could get maps for my i3 I'd still use that.

The touchscreen and bluetooth is nice, but I need it to get me somewhere easily.

Much as I hate to admit it, I might have to try a TomTom, or some oter satnav maker.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: