Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Version 5.6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 5.6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gduriez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Version 5.6 Reply with quote

I've downloaded the version 5.61b93 yesterday.

The french doesn't worh, and it was very hard to make this new version work. I had to set the language to english, and then it was OK to start navigation.
But I cannot set the language to french now. Telmap start downloading the resources, but after a minute, it say "Unable to change language setting. Please restart the application and try again". And of course, i try, but it's the same thing everytime.

It's very odd because the previous version was working very well in french ???

However the 5.6 version is better, with the speed in the bottom of screen. Thank you.
GuyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.6 installed fine on my 9900. Only one bug so far and that is the mph speed shows without the decimal place so I was doing 700mph on the motorway today. Cool Laughing
Faleyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour,

J'ai cette version sur un torch 9800 et plus récemment sur un Torch 9860 et je n'ai pas eu de problèmes avec le Français.Very Happy

Par contre sur le 9800 cela fonctionne très bien, sur le 9860 la navigation se fige par moment, c'est quasiment inutilisable. Confused

Hi,

I have this version on my Torch 9800 and recently on my torch 9860, french language is wworking well.

But on my 9860 navigation is lagging from time to time, and at the moment I just can't use the 9860 with Telmap. With the 9800 it working really fine.
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 5.6 Reply with quote

gduriez wrote:
I've downloaded the version 5.61b93 yesterday.

I've done it this afternoon to prepare for a trip tomorrow. The resources would not download on the first two attempts. I only use English though so not affected by French issues.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: French download Reply with quote

Dear gduriez,
I checked the French download issue that you raised and didn’t find any problem.
If you are still experiencing problems with it, please contact tugadmin@telmap.com .
neilsroberts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Madrid Airport, switched on Telmap to go to my destination, and it says I must upgrade, so I do.

So it then asks for an activation code, which is at home! Why when I have a registered version does it ask for the code again? Frustration didn't come close, as I'm now stuck without a SatNav in a foreign capital.

When I did get home I had to mail the code to myself as for some reason I couldn't capitalise the letters on my Torch, so had to copy and paste to get it up and running.

So, if I need the activation code can the upgrade be elective aand warning posted?
And can the code entry allow BB capilaisation?
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilsroberts wrote:
I was in Madrid Airport, switched on Telmap to go to my destination, and it says I must upgrade, so I do.

So it then asks for an activation code, which is at home! Why when I have a registered version does it ask for the code again? Frustration didn't come close, as I'm now stuck without a SatNav in a foreign capital.

I've mentioned on here a few times that the upgrade process should be part of the feedback taken into account.
    Activation code should not need to be entered again
    'My Places' should not need to be manually re-entered

The last upgrade I did I found that 'My Places' had stayed. Maybe this varies from a minor release to a major release?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: