Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Talex Technology Ltd Dissolved
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Talex Technology Ltd Dissolved
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bothfeetfirst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
bothfeetfirst wrote:
You must be the one customer who was not happy and stopped him from having a 100% customer satisfaction Laughing Out Loud (sorry could not resist that one)
Steve, lack of Rob's contribution would have only improved Adam's customer satisfaction to 99-100%. Lol (sorry could not resist that one Twisted Evil ) I wonder if you are now changing allegiance to PGSPW and spot a few cams for us and earn a lifetime Very Happy

I am always happy to contribute but to be honest I don't get to travel far from home much but when I do you can bet I will be on the lookout so I can get a lifetime....
talexuser123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been shown this article by a friend who is thinking of buying a Talex on my recommendation.

As far as I can see the original post is proven to be wrong and the resulting discussion is from a obviously disillusioned and vengeful ex-employee?

If I was Adam Blair I'd be speaking to my solicitors as this is nothing more than a very poor attempt at character assasination based on nothing but lies.

For the record I've dealt with XXXX XXXXXX on two occasions, both times he has been beyond helpful and much better than people I've had the displeasure of speaking to in the past (off the top of my head the email address 'SW@' who was rude and arrogant). To bring names of current employees who have nothing to do with it into a discussion like this is very low.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talexuser123 wrote:
As far as I can see the original post is proven to be wrong

Would you care to state what in my opening post was wrong or incorrect? I'm happy to correct anything that is factually inaccurate but I don't believe anything I wrote was.
bothfeetfirst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talexuser123 wrote:
Just been shown this article by a friend who is thinking of buying a Talex on my recommendation.

As far as I can see the original post is proven to be wrong and the resulting discussion is from a obviously disillusioned and vengeful ex-employee?

If I was Adam Blair I'd be speaking to my solicitors as this is nothing more than a very poor attempt at character assasination based on nothing but lies.

For the record I've dealt with XXXX XXXXXX on two occasions, both times he has been beyond helpful and much better than people I've had the displeasure of speaking to in the past (off the top of my head the email address 'SW@' who was rude and arrogant). To bring names of current employees who have nothing to do with it into a discussion like this is very low.

I have to say that this is the most pathetic comment I have seen posted on any log. You would not have dealt with me so chances are you would have been in touch with Talex email support in Pakistan with a man using a womans name (AB idea to appear like support was in the UK) Also I have copies of each and every email I ever answered or dealt with. If you wish to provide me with your email address or name details I will be happy to search the records and post my apology on this forum if I find anything to even show we have been in contact. Either that or I could email each and everyone and ask them if they found me to be rude or arrogant and to respond to your comments on this forum. In truth I don't know why you didn't just be honest and say you are a mate of XXXX.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talexuser123 wrote:

For the record I've dealt with XXXX XXXXXXX on two occasions, both times he has been beyond helpful and much better than people I've had the displeasure of speaking to in the past (off the top of my head the email address 'SW@' who was rude and arrogant). To bring names of current employees who have nothing to do with it into a discussion like this is very low.

Being the suspicious type, and suspecting that this was not all it claimed to be I did some digging.

Now I would have expected you to take a little more care than you did to cover your tracks. And without my revealing your email address, which I won't, all I will say, for the benefit of everyone who is reading this sorry tale, your claim to be a Talex customer etc etc isn't true, you're an employee.

To save you further embarrassment, you'll note that I've edited all mentions of your name out of this thread and in particular, your post.

It speaks volumes of a company when they pose as as fake customers to respond to criticism. It does you no favours at all.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
........ I did some digging.

Now I would have expected you to take a little more care than you did to cover your tracks........

He, he, he. Reminds me of the recent Google/OSM story. You would think that people who dabble with computers and software all day, every day and especially for a living, wouldn't be so careless and leave an internet trail to their doorsteps. What chance do we mere mortals have?

Well busted Darren.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
bothfeetfirst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Being the suspicious type, and suspecting that this was not all it claimed to be I did some digging.

Now I would have expected you to take a little more care than you did to cover your tracks. And without my revealing your email address, which I won't, all I will say, for the benefit of everyone who is reading this sorry tale, your claim to be a Talex customer etc etc isn't true, you're an employee.

To save you further embarrassment, you'll note that I've edited all mentions of your name out of this thread and in particular, your post.

It speaks volumes of a company when they pose as as fake customers to respond to criticism. It does you no favours at all.

Darren,
Thank you for taking the time to do your digging. As you can see from my previous comments I also believed that this was false but I suspected it to be a friend of XXXX XXXXXX as it was so obviously biased.

To find that it was XXXX XXXXXX himself and that he is someone I know is to say the very least quite hurtful. I have always been respected for my strong belief in customer support and that stance got me in trouble more often than not with my employer not the customer. In my view they always came first.

To find myself being falsely accused in this way in order to distract attention away from what happened to Talex Technology Ltd only supports my concern about the smoke and mirrors used to hide the facts. It does beg the question 'can you trust a company like this?'

Thanks Again
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bothfeetfirst wrote:
It does beg the question 'can you trust a company like this?'
I think that quite a few people decided not a while ago.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line for me was that Talex had a superb product and the database was actually quite accurate. I also thought that the 'proximity' distances for initial warning and subsequent overspeed warnings was also spot-on.

The new camera I reported here (when it was being erected) only took Talex a few weeks to catch up on. Novus only posted it about 18 months later when I told them. This was during a phase when I downloaded the then free Novus update to see how good it was, or wasn't as it turned out.

With this hole in the market wouldn't it be superb if Steve's knowledge and the PGPSW database could somehow meet and a new dedicated device was marketed with directional warnings.

I know there are other devices out there but for a commuter a monthly subscription is inappropriate for me. Plus I know that this database is the most accurate I've used.

I still occasionally see a new shiny yellow camera on routes I don't use that often but as I approach it "bong bong bong" someone else has already beaten me to it.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very interesting... and FWIW here is a bit more info.
I have had a Talex since 2006 ish.... very good then, very impressed. I even purchased a new one 12 months ago for my other car & was happy-ish to pay the subscription. But...... I got fed up with Blair filling my email box with marketing crap & pictures of him with Orville... I cancelled last year as the database was very poor (and they stopped doing the lifetime support for the original customers) & despite me writing to customer services I got a very poorly written email back (I guessed English wasn't her native language but I didn't know they were in India) they just wanted to keep me & offered a deal... which I declined. It's a real shame as the concept & the product was excellent.
Let's hope Blair goes back to talking to green birds & gives up his Talex business... then get someone clever to get the code & reprogram it with the database from here... Very Happy
ATB
pillboxman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyyid wrote:
Although I have little knowledge of the company, I did read the numerous complaints online which is never a good thing, and love the fact they measure customer satisfaction in the 99.8 or 99.9% range. Rather ridiculous given they are saying that in every 1,000 customers, 999 are happy. I doubt ANY company in the world can claim that, but bless their naivety and assumption of our gullibility.

Just as a matter of historic interest, many years ago I worked for the Tiny computer company. We had a huge list of complaints and were always on consumer programs on the radio and TV.

However, we had a vast number of customers. Our customer satisfaction rate was consistently between 98% and 99%!

John
alanmcgibbon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Talex Technology Ltd - some facts and figures Reply with quote

My check on Companies House records show that Talex Technology Ltd lodged only one set of accounts covering a seventeen month period from the date that it was set up (10 December 2007) to 30 April 2009. These showed the company to be insolvent. Mr Blair mentioned that Talex was a holding company (meaning that it owned other companies) which I find a bit confusing as the official records say that it did not own any subsidiary companies.

So far as Speedcam Systems Ltd is concerned the official records show that this company was only set up on 24 August 2011 - some 28 months after the last recorded transactions of Talex. Mr Blair's posting would appear to infer that there has been no break in trading - just a change in company structure. This therefore begs the question: "What happened to all the financial transactions in the twent four month period from 1 May 2009 and 24 August 2011?" For example has the income been declared to H M Revenue and Customs?

Incidentally, Speedcam has only one director - Mr Adam Blair, and, as yet, there are no records of anyone owning shares in the company.
clark5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think we are all in agreement that the Talex / Novus units are a really good, but are being let down due to the quality of the database.

So on those basics has here been any future outcome on using PWGPS data base on the Talex / Novus units? See link below

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=65288&start=120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight

This could lead to a massive increase in the membership of PWGPS

Mark

Disappointed Talex and Talex Lite owner

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: