Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Problems- Temlap 5 and BB 9900 Bold Touch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Problems- Temlap 5 and BB 9900 Bold Touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabtastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: GPS Problems- Temlap 5 and BB 9900 Bold Touch Reply with quote

Dear community members,

after I enjoyed Telmap 5 (and also TM4) for my former Blackberry 9000 very much, I am not satisfied with my new 9900 Bold and Telmap 5.

Problem Decription: GPS works just in 5 percent of the cases it's needed. This is an enormous problem in connection with Telmap 5: It is not possible to do an "spontaneous navigation", because it takes about 15 minutes from the start of the software until there is a GPS connection found. And in most of the cases I just do get an GPS-connection after I "tricked" Telmap by searching for a satellite via another third party application (like RadAlert or Google Maps).

After a GPS connection is build up and a route is calculated, it doesn't take very long until the application quits navigation with the notice "GPS signal lost.

The Telmap Navigation is awesome, but under this conditions it's just not usable. Hence, I hope for your quick help.

Thanks in advance and kind regard!

Fabian Neumann
Ray_M
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the fault doesn't lie with your phone? I'm using Telmap v5.51 on my BB9300 3G with no problems at all. I get a GPS fix within seconds (even indoors) and I've never seen the 'GPS signal lost' message.

Ray Martin
fabtastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your fast reply! I am afraid, that the problems source is really the phone itself. Yesterday I updated the firmware (540) but lost the Telmap Installation and also the Telmap Download Link is not working. Let's see, if it works with the new firmware as soon as I have a new Telmap installation on my phone. In the worst case, I have to send my Blackberry in for support Sad
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear fabtastic,
To download TelmapBeta you need to go to our new website, www.telmapbeta.com.
Currently Telmap Beta does not support BB9900, which could be the reason why you experience all the problems.
In a few weeks, we will release a new version that will support BB 9900.
fabtastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I awaited the new version and was very happy about the relase of 5.5, I got disssapointet again.
The download is not possible on my 9900. That means, that the download starts but then quits after a certain progress. It says somethin like: COD 907 Error.
It seems like this problem is known on the old OS5 and 6 devices and that the solution was to switch the Browser Identification, but there is no option on OS7/OS7-Browser to switch to "Internet Explorer". So I can not download the file:-(

Am I the only one with this problem?
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you try to download? And from where?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: