Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live Premium On Sale
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live Premium On Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: CoPilot Live Premium On Sale Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
ALK are marking the release of the iPhone 4S, iOS 5 and Google's latest version of Android, 'Ice Cream Sandwich' with a sale.

Until 31st October, their latest version of CoPilot, Live Premium, is being sold at a discount of up to 30%.

With UK & Ireland available for £19.99 it's a pretty good bargain. CoPilot has occupied a slot in our top five best sat-nav apps for a long time now so if you're looking to invest in a new nav app or perhaps wanted to upgrade to one with European or US mapping, this could be the answer.

More information is available at CoPilot's UK Web Site here.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where the Active Traffic data comes from? I can't see the source on the web site.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Anyone know where the Active Traffic data comes from? I can't see the source on the web site.

It's Navteq's Traffic Service.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Navteq have a web site that shows off their traffic service. For London, it is showing no traffic at all. Indeed, London is not listed in their European list of cities. Barcelona shows a nice traffic flow grid.

So if that is the data source, and it has nothing for London (inc M25 etc), why would I expect anything in the rest of the country for my £8.99 annual fee?

Given TomTom's troubles, I'm seriously interested in an alternative traffic source, but so far not confident at all!
zebsogo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: still not impressed Reply with quote

As stated "its a pretty good bargain"... But that is only if you think the app is any good... in my opinion it aint that good.. its not very intuitive or user friendly compared to say Navigon.. The traffic and routing suck

Pirate3000
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: CoPiolt Reply with quote

Its funny as the app store for the ipad2 is still at £39.99 not £19.99
Sad
Its £19.99 for the iphone version.
what abut the ipad version...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: CoPiolt Reply with quote

The iPad price of £39.99 is for the Europe Maps Version not UK & Ireland. The iPhone equivalent for Europe is £29.99
smithgt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: POI's in CoPilot Reply with quote

I'm used to using TomTom, but at under half the cost when migrating to an iPhone I'm seriously tempted by this offer.

However, can I easily add in custom POI's for my nearest fast food chain etc etc like I could on a TomTom device?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to caution that, if you're used to and familiar with TomTom, you may regret switching for your main nav app.

CoPilot is good but, as others have pointed out, not without its issues, routing being one of them.

Whilst it's a great solution that would be ideal for a short term use on hols or for those who have been long term CoPilot users, I'd bite the bullet and pay for TomTom.

The adage 'buy cheap. pay twice' springs to mind.
brigham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Issues Reply with quote

Hi all, I've been a user of copilot for over a year now and on my second subscription to the service.

I wish I hadn't continued my subscription! I originally paid £19.99 for the app when I first got my iphone4 and upgraded the to live service with another payment of £19.99.

A year later, I get the warning that my subscription for live services is out and I stupidly renewed again for another £19.99!!!

It turns out now that the new premium app is available but there's no option to upgrade for existing customers other than the price that everyone else has to pay. Where's the loyalty back for being loyal to them?

So, anyway... During my grumblings over the last week or so, I've only just noticed that the map is well out of date ( a new section of M74 in Glasgow still has not been added) so I checked the app settings and the map is from early 2010!!!

I contacted them and was sadly informed that the map is only updated once per version. Which forces the issue that if you want an updated map, then you must purchase the latest version, but since they don't offer the latest version at a discount for existing users, they're gonna upset a lot of folk and I for one, am in that bracket.

ALK just lost a loyal customer. The app (version 8) was easy to operate, worked well, live search was helpful - I have no major downers for the software at all and I imagine from my knowledge and use of 8 that the new premium will be a thing of greatness. However, lack of support and loyalty has forced me to rethink my Nav requirements and I'm now considering others.

If you don't yet use copilot and considering it, don't. The support is crap!

If you currently have copilot and hoping for updates, think again! I have an email that states (from the horses mouth) they only update the map once per version.

ALK, if you read this, get your heads out of your arses and try treating existing customers with a bit more respect if you expect to get new customers.

Well, that's my rant over. Feel much better now.

So who can recommend a good Nav app for iphone4???
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CoPilot Issues Reply with quote

brigham wrote:
It turns out now that the new premium app is available but there's no option to upgrade for existing customers other than the price that everyone else has to pay. Where's the loyalty back for being loyal to them?

In their defence on this one subject, there is no facility in the appstore for loyalty discounts or other such offers.

As we reported back in June here, theonly option open to ALK was to launch at an introductory price to allow those wishing to upgrade to do at a discount.

It's not ideal but there you have it. I'm not defending them on any other issue but it's important to clarify that the upgrade area is not one they have any control over.
gpmf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Top 5 Reply with quote

You mention in your article that copilot is in your top 5 applications. Can you tell me where we can see the list(s) of your top apps etc.
Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 5 Reply with quote

gpmf wrote:
You mention in your article that copilot is in your top 5 applications. Can you tell me where we can see the list(s) of your top apps etc.

It isn't a physical list, we each have our own faves. But the we're all in agreement on which apps are in that top 5.

So 'my' personal top five are TomTom, Navigon, Sygic, CoPilot and Garmin in that order of preference.
brigham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: CoPilot Issues Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
In their defence on this one subject, there is no facility in the appstore for loyalty discounts or other such offers.

Yes, it's called "in-app purchase". If you already own the app, you can pay for an upgrade through the app. New customers won't have access to the "discount" because they don't yet own the app.

If they can do it for live services, then they can also do it for upgraded maps or updated software. It's just a cop out so they can rake in more money.

The most dangerous part of my motorcycle is the NUT that connects the seat to the handlebar!
Paladin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally got my CoPilot Live premium [V 9] sorted. I have REMOVED it from my Galaxy Tab and have been using Navigon. Soooo much better.

M.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: