Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameralert now not working with new IOS5 - RESOLVED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameralert now not working with new IOS5 - RESOLVED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballistix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Cameralert now not working with new IOS5 - RESOLVED Reply with quote

Hi, doesn't run anymore for me since new OS.

Only me? Smile

T
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, seems to be!

What's not running exactly? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running iOS5 here (as we have been for some months) and CamerAlert runs fine.

Can you provide more detail on the issue as it's not related to iOS5.
Ballistix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad seems the restore didnt finish properly. CLOSED!

T
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Camera alert on iOS5 Reply with quote

I have a a iPhone 4s and prior to that I had an iPhone 4. My previous iphone connected to my Parrot MKi9000 instantly and to run camera alert with the sound coming through the car speakers in my Passat was simply a matter of running a silent MP3 so that the voice could break in over the track playing.

Since I got the new phone I can't seem to get itt to work reliably by that method except when I have Tomtom running at the same time. It will work but either in total silence or with the sound coming from the phone not the car speakers. Run Tomtom at the same time and all is well!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And have you checked that CamerAlert is set to pipe audio via the car and not the internal speaker?

The user guide is here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/cameralert.php
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Yes Darren...... Reply with quote

Yes Darren, it is set to pipe via the car speakers, but it doesn't.

I've read the manual thoroughly and used camera alert and tomtom independently and together for several months on iOS 4
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, you'll forgive me for asking but needed to ask!

I've alerted the dev team to this thread to see if they have any insight into this issue.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the hardware in the car and not camera alert? I have a brodit active holder and I have my suspicions that it may be that at fault. It has lost its connection a couple of times today - the phone thro the speakers has failed too until I played around with the phone in the mount. I also own a tomtom mount so I will try that tomorrow to see if that works OK
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Hardware seems OK Reply with quote

I've not tried the tomtom mount yet but I have had a look at the Brodit mount and I am fairly certain that the issue is that when I got the iphone 4S I got a new bumper as well and that was preventing the phone sitting in the Brodit cradle properly. With the bumper removed, the phone makes a secure connection with the cradle. This results in a good output using both the phone and the tomtom app, which has a good audio output . Sadly the same can not be said of the cameralert app, which has visual but (most of the time) no audio. Sometimes you get audio, usually when tomtom is running as well.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Potential causes Reply with quote

I've spoken to James at ASI - He installed the Parrott for me. There are 3 potential issues with my problem............

The first is that Parrott issued a software update a while back and I need to install that so I have the system up to date

The second is not related to my problem with cameralert, but there is an upgrade to the tomtom app which I need to install

Finally - and this may well be the problem (?). Not only did I upgrade to iOS5, I upgraded to the iphone 4S at the same time, because I wanted the better camera. James tells me that the bluetooth on the 4S has been upgraded to a later version (v4 I think he said), and previously I had an iphone4 which uses V3.5.

I am working today so I can't do the parrott upgrade until later but I have downloaded the software ready to do so. I'll report back later.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy for us to offer advice when so many variables have changed.
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, with respect, I appreciate that a few variables have changed but that makes it no different than a new problem!

After much testing I can comfirm that after a software upgrade to the parrot kit and a download of the latest Tomtom app :

a) the Parrot car kit is working perfectly on phone calls

b) the Tomtom app is working perfectly with both audio and visual

c) as before, the cameralert has good visual most of the time but sometimes loses the map ( it has always had that annoying problem since I've had it on all iPhone versions) and despite trying every combination I can only get audio throught the phone, not the car speakers.

Since the phone works perfectly through the car speakers and the tomtom does too, there is therefore a problem with the cameralert app pushing audio on iPhone 4s or an active Brodit mount. Since the app had no problem pushing audio through the Brodit mount with an iPhone 4 it is reasonable to assume that there is therefore a problem relating to the cameralert app and either iOS 5 or the iiphone 4S.

Whatever, it needs sorting!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone else with a 4s and BT speakers confirm this?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Now working.............. Reply with quote

After pulling my hair out trying to get camerlert working yesterday in an active Brodit mount, with an iphone4s and iOS5 I've finally managed it.

Nothing whatsoever has changed. I got in the car this morning, plugged the phone in the mount and it worked perfectly with cameralert. I haven't changed anything at all - no settings are changed. Yesterday it wouldn't work, today it does. I suspect there is possibly a problem with my Brodit mount since the iphone4s works fine in the tomtom mount

I've also tried my wifes iphone 4 running iOS5 and that is functioning perfectly as well in both the Brodit & tomtom mounts

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: