Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 12mth Speed Camera Subscription - Just £14.99 - Ending Soon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

12mth Speed Camera Subscription - Just £14.99 - Ending Soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just renewed then cancelled my auto-renewal as I don't like any form of auto-renewal...

However! I hadn't realised it would auto-renew at the £14.99 rate. I thought it would renew at the £19.99 original rate.

Anyway I can re-activate my auto-renewal! Shocked
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
I just renewed then cancelled my auto-renewal as I don't like any form of auto-renewal...

However! I hadn't realised it would auto-renew at the £14.99 rate. I thought it would renew at the £19.99 original rate.

Anyway I can re-activate my auto-renewal! Shocked

It's not possible to re-activate a cancelled subscription, PayPal don't permit it.
g0tch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one won’t be taking up the cheaper option of subscription. I think the amount I’m paying now is more then worth its weight in gold, and would pay it just to be able to get all the answers one need when in trouble. Even though I only use my TT rarely. Many thanks for all of you being there and taking time to answer the less knowledgeable.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first read your post I got as far as the "Well, I for one won’t be taking up the cheaper option of subscription." and got that sinking feeling in my stomach, the "oh no, here we go again" feeling!

Delighted to read on though, thanks for the positive comments, much appreciated Thumbs Up
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reduced Price Annual Subscriptions Reply with quote

Hi, I recently renewed my annual subscription at the standard price of £19.99. Shortly afterwards I received notification of the reduction to £14.99 from the newsletter.
As far as I am concerned, that is normal commercial practice, i.e. special offers occur from time to time, and it is luck whether they benefit you or not. Quite frankly the convoluted process to reduce my costs by £5 are a waste of my time.
I was happy to sign up for the benefits at the original price of £19.99, and more than happy to renew again at the same (not higher!) price now.
I wish that more companies that I buy from had the same transparency and motivation to provide value for money. WELL DONE! Very Happy
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just renewed at the discounted rate - however I found that my recurring payment was actually under 'pre-approved payments' not under subscriptions. Although I did get the 'Subscription cancellation' email, when cancelling the existing payment to take advantage of you generous subscribers rate of £14.99

Also just wanted to add that pocketgpsworld world is fantastic - better than any others!!
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad OK, OK I should have read this a little more thoroughly, I've now effectively lost the remainder of current sub (to 15 May 2012) and had £14.99 taken from my account today Mad

Whilst you say it's simple it's not really. I cancelled my paypal sub in late May, shortly after the last renewal was taken. Today, whilst logged on, I clicked the renew button and added a new subscription expecting it to run from the 15 May 2012. It took the money straight away.

Not exactly a saving then... Yes, my fault, didn't read the lengthy instructions, didn't have time...

Ahhh.... OK, I get it. I've just received an email stating that my sub now expires in the 7th May 2013... was expecting the new sub to be set-up as starting in May 2012. Maybe PayPal can't do that... all is well with my little World again. Rant over Embarassed
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpkin wrote:
Mad OK, OK I should have read this a little more thoroughly, I've now effectively lost the remainder of current sub (to 15 May 2012) and had £14.99 taken from my account today Mad

Whilst you say it's simple it's not really. I cancelled my paypal sub in late May, shortly after the last renewal was taken. Today, whilst logged on, I clicked the renew button and added a new subscription expecting it to run from the 15 May 2012. It took the money straight away.

Not exactly a saving then... Yes, my fault, didn't read the lengthy instructions, didn't have time...

Ahhh.... OK, I get it. I've just received an email stating that my sub now expires in the 7th May 2013... was expecting the new sub to be set-up as starting in May 2012. Maybe PayPal can't do that... all is well with my little World again. Rant over Embarassed

Unfortunately PayPal only allows us to set up a payment that is taken immediately and then annually on the anniversary of the original payment. Our internal systems handle the date differences by adding a year onto the existing expiry date. On 28th October next year PayPal will take out the fee again and your expiry will then be May 2014.
A13x
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i knew this a few months before i would have waited for the new discounted price.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A13x wrote:
if i knew this a few months before i would have waited for the new discounted price.

If I knew Morrisons were going to do an offer on Coke Zero I would have waited until next week.

Sadly I didn't know Morrisons were doing an offer so I bought it anyway.

Wink

MaFt
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go into morrisons and ask when their steak is coming on offer they tell me, perhaps you should change your branch.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's incredible how this happens every time there is an offer on. Some people think it would be better to let their subscription run out and leave it for a few months in order to get this saving - say three months without the database to make the savings. I really don't see it, risk being without the db for however many months (even one!) for the sake of maybe a fiver a year, or 43 pence a month. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd lay a fiver that our database three months old is better that TTs offering though Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
I'd lay a fiver that our database three months old is better that TTs offering though Very Happy

Easy money if anybody is daft enough to take you up on it.

But not much of a saving for the non-updater waiting for the subs to go down and gets a ticket from the latest camera whilst waiting. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AdzG1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Done it! Reply with quote

Just "topped up" now and cancelled the original £16.99 subscription.

However I only had 35 days left before renewal so I've left the new auto subscription active.

Cheers for the discount!

Adz.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: