Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripeda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium Reply with quote

gft wrote:
I've just purchased this as an upgrade to CoPilot Live V8 as it looked as if it had a few more features which made it an attractive purchase, especially for the offer price. After installing it on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I tried to add my personal POI's which I had previously used with Version 8. Could not get the premium version to accept any of my POI's or even discover any sort of editing for altering things. I have since uninstalled it and gone back to the Version 8 for which I have never had any problems. I have sent ALK an email to which I look forward a reply. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Crying or Very sad

Having the same problem here with the same phone as you. I've reported the problem to ALK, as you have, but their normal quick and supportive response (that's my experience, not everyone's I know) seems to be missing right now.

I have been able to import the PGPSW Speed Camera database, when you import it from csv format this goes smoothly, it gets recognised as a Safety Camera database and get incorporated with no problem. Other POI's are a different story as I can't get them to import properly no matter what format I start with.

I've decided to stick it out as the program has BING search and I've been able to find everything I need from there and then route from that data.

It's not everyones answer I know but I'm gonna stick with it and see what happens.
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium Reply with quote

ripeda wrote:

I have been able to import the PGPSW Speed Camera database, when you import it from csv format this goes smoothly, it gets recognised as a Safety Camera database and get incorporated with no problem.

Please can you run through the exact steps you took to get the PGPSW speed cam d/b working properly. When you say import it, do you mean copying the files into the ...\save folder, or are you using another method. What have you done with the ALK safety cam d/b.

Many thanks for your help.....
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, here we go again. I had all this pain two or three years ago, and now I've gone and got CPL9 on Android again.

The POI install works just fine: download the consolidated .csv set for CPL8, drop into the save directory and it all integrates OK.

That's the good news. The bad news is I can't get rid of the ALK speedcams. I go to EU\save\my_places (or wherever it is) and delete the ALK folder, but everytime I restart CoPilot, it reinstalls it.

It's obviously buried somewhere in the install, but can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, problem solved. There was an .ezp file in the EU/save directory that was forcing it to reinstall the CPL set...
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the one Smile

the reason it installs now is cos theyve released an upgrade / fix. All you need now are alerts and bigger icons !!
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, so what are the known issues? I've just found that it won't give alerts or directions over Bluetooth. Or it tries too (it mutes the phone speaker) but Bluetooth remains silent in the car.

So the wife can either disable Bluetooth and not be able to use her phone hands free, or use CPL, but not both...
brigham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Premium is the new, later version, it is in essence v9

The previous version will continue to be available and supported for those existing users who do not wish to buy the new version.

The previous version is still there but support is not! I got an email from them stating that the map will not be updated because they only update once per app version.

So what's the point of keeping the old app if it's useless for navigation due to outdated maps?
I can understand your point of not offering free maps, but I don't want to pay £30 for a whole new app either. Why not allow us to upgrade v8 to a new map for a reduced cost using an in-app purchase? I'd happily pay £9.99 each year for a new map as I do with live services, but the price for the new app is holding me back because next year the map will be out of date again and I'll have to pay £30 for the next new version!

Oh, and the Europe version is a misleading ripoff too!! At first startup, you have to choose which European country you wish to select, which you are then fixed to. Other European maps may be "unlocked" using in-app purchase.

So why can't they offer a similar service for v8 users?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Email text from copilot:

Response (Thomas) - 20/10/2011 10.35 AM
Dear Simon,

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

The Traffic subscription currently active is for traffic only and not fuel prices. Those are not available anymore for Copilot Live v8.

I do not have any information about the next map update, as those are typically updated once over the life of a version of Copilot.

Regards,

Thomas
CoPilot Technical Support

The most dangerous part of my motorcycle is the NUT that connects the seat to the handlebar!
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

How long should I allow to download ?
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New map update just out...Nothing to clap and cheer about down here. Still not showing the old Weymouth Relief Road, whereby TomTom does !!! Took about 10 minutes to download in iTunes.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Perhaps somebody could advise...this is the first app that I'm have trouble with...it says it's downloading but I'm sure it's not...it's now on it's third attempt, way over an hour for the first two attempts.........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: