Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 12mth Speed Camera Subscription - Just £14.99 - Ending Soon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

12mth Speed Camera Subscription - Just £14.99 - Ending Soon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: 12mth Speed Camera Subscription - Just £14.99 - Ending Soon Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
THIS OFFER HAS NOW ENDED

We're all feeling the pinch at the moment and whilst the quality of our speed camera database continues to improve we know that ever penny counts.

And so as of midnight last night, we have reduced the price of a 12mth Speed Camera Subscription to £14.99.

With one subscription covering up to three devices, support for all the most popular satnav's and Android and iOS smartphones, and of course our Lifetime Subscription offer for camera reports, our service offers better value than ever before.

Existing subscribers please read the full details for an explanation of the recurring payment system and the action YOU must take if you wish to benefit from this discount when your renewal falls due.

Read more here.

And finally, please, please don't send us irate emails complaining. The discount is a an offer, and as with all such offers, some will benefit, some will not, that's life. We're trying to do our bit but the last time we ran a discount we got a few dozen emails from people complaining that they renewed 1,2, 7 days ago, why hadn't we forewarned them and demanding a refund. We can't please everyone but we're trying.

Last edited by Darren on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
DavidTunstall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reduced subscription for camera database Reply with quote

Far from complaining,it's nice to see someone actually reducing prices in these hard times. Well done guys.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any would be moaners: would you do this in a shop? Items change price all the time, it's just bad luck that it changed at a 'wrong' time for you. Rudeness in an email, while it may be easier because of the associated anonymity, is still rudeness after all ;)
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to renew just now, but good to see a great service at a reduced price that will hopefully encourage new members and some early bird renewals...

Though I don't always use the speed cams, worth the money to support the forums which are the most active in the GPS world!
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
No need to renew just now

Correction!! The link posted by Darren includes the following paragraphs...
Quote:
Existing Subscribers - Why Not Top-Up

You can also take advantage of this discount even if your subscription isn't due to renew soon.
Additional subscriptions are added on to the end of any existing subscription period so you can 'top-up' at the reduced rate. But (there's always a but!), you will need to cancel any recurring payments that are in force.

If you do not, Paypal will continue to auto-renew at the 12mth anniversary of your original subscription payment AND also at the 12mth anniversary of your top up. So cancelling the recurring payments is vital and easily done from your PayPal account.

Once you have 'topped-up' here, follow Paypal's advice linked above and cancel ALL the recurring payments for PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd in your PayPal account. That will allow your subscription, including any top-up to run without Paypal auto-renewing. When the balance of your subscription does expire, you can renew as normal via the subscription page.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great offer. I have cancelled my Paypal auto renewal and will be extending my sub immediately. Just a query. Previously, as you say, my sub renewed at the rate it started at, in my case £16.99. When I have to renew again, what rate will I have to pay then? Will I now be able to renew at £14.99 every year or will it be at the rate then (which I hope won't be higher than the rate I was paying before)?

Thanks again.

norm
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm2002 wrote:
Thanks for the great offer. I will be extending my sub immediately. Just a query. Previously, as you say, my sub renewed at the rate it started at, in my case £16.99. When I have to renew again, what rate will I have to pay then? Will I now be able to renew at £14.99 every year or will it be at the rate then (which I hope won't be higher than the rate I was paying before)?

It's complicated!

If you joined as a new subscriber today, your subscription will renew each year thereafter at £14.99 for as long as you maintain the recurring payment agreement.

But, if you top-up today, and have an existing subscription that still has time to run (say 3mths for sake of argument), you could benefit from renewals at £14.99, but they would take place every 12mths from today, regardless of any time remaining (3mths in this example). And, unless you cancel the original recurring payment, that would also attempt to renew at the 12mth anniversary of when that was commenced.

That's why we advise you top-up and then cancel ALL recurring payments. Your sub would then expire when all the subscription has been used up and you can renew at whatever rate is in force then. We don't know what that rate will be, it could be 1 or two years ahead so who knows!

But, if you want to have £14.99 renewals, you may decide that it's worth it even though it may renew a few months early. And that remaining 3mths is always there, it's not lost and can be used up at any time by cancelling your sub and allowing it to expire manually.

I know it's not a simple process, but we're stuck with the PayPal system.You benefit from being locked in at low rates, but the downside is a small extra amount of administration!
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Darren, you explain it very clearly. My sub is due to renew in early January and now runs to 2013 following my extension. If I understand correctly, I can leave the new auto renewal in place and it just means I will be paying about 3 months early every year but my sub will continue to expire in January. So the only disadvantage to me is I am paying 3 months earlier than I need to if I want to stay locked into the £14.99 rate?

norm
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct. As you say, the only disadvantage is you will renew early, but that extra 3mths is still there, it isn't lost and if, at some future point, you chose to cancel your renewals, your subscription will continue to run until ALL your remaining subscription has been consumed.

But, you must cancel the £16.99 auto-renewal, that will still be in place unless you cancel it.

We dearly wish this wasn't so complicated but it is what it is and, for those that use it, they can, and do, benefit from renewals at lower rates, and where the cost has fallen below their renewal, they always have the option to cancel the recurring payment and renew at the lower rate.

And of coure, for those who prefer not to have subscriptions auto-renew, it's a relatively simple process to cancel via your PayPal account and no renewals will take place.
subvertbeats
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

Might be worth suggesting not to cancel ALL the PayPal subscriptions as per the article, but rather just the old one?

Certainly makes sense in my situation - only 49 days left.

Even if I had close to a year left of my existing sub, I'd probably leave the new sub in place to

a) support the site
b) lock in the £14.99 renewal

If you ever decide you want to cancel, from the date of your last £14.99 recurring payment, you'd have 1 year plus whatever time you had left from when you took the new subscription. You're not losing anything.

Great offer, much appreciated guys,
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, whether it makes sense to cancel ALL recurring payments or not is really a decision for each individual subscriber.

We're just trying to make what is a confusing system as transparent as possible and avoid all the complaints we get each time we implement a seasonal discount.

In the past we've had some pretty ripe complaints from customers who had missed out by a few days and seemed to think we either ought to have forewarned them (does ANY company do that??) or filed complaints with PayPal 12mths later when their accounts renewed early.

We can only do so much, everyone who subscribes has some responsibility to read the terms and take action as advised.

But as you say, ultimately, everyone can take advantage, even if they have only recently renewed, if they wish to.
armoore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
That's correct. As you say, the only disadvantage is you will renew early, but that extra 3mths is still there, it isn't lost and if, at some future point, you chose to cancel your renewals, your subscription will continue to run until ALL your remaining subscription has been consumed.

But, you must cancel the £16.99 auto-renewal, that will still be in place unless you cancel it.

We dearly wish this wasn't so complicated but it is what it is and, for those that use it, they can, and do, benefit from renewals at lower rates, and where the cost has fallen below their renewal, they always have the option to cancel the recurring payment and renew at the lower rate.

And of coure, for those who prefer not to have subscriptions auto-renew, it's a relatively simple process to cancel via your PayPal account and no renewals will take place.

Not that complicated at all. Just done this and it took about 1 minute. Unused portion of present sub is added to the new sub. Great value. Well done chaps!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it had to start sometime I guess:

Quote:
Hi to whom it may concHi to whom it may concern, I would like to make a formal complaint about my subscription to you, I note that you are reducing the subscription to ?14.99 for the year could you please explain to me why then you charged me ?19.00 on the 29/8/2011 you did the same thing last year after I had paid you reduced it to ?16.99, I have to say I am not very happy about this its not the money its the principle as you must have known you were going to do this needless to say I am going to consider whether I will renew my subscription next year, my payment is an annual payment through paypal.

I pointed them at my post here and this was the reply:
Quote:
Hi in that case I will not be renewing next yearas that is a rip off and a cop out as you should have notified me sooner you were going to reduce the subscription so I could have cancelled my paypal payment, I am very angry at this moment in time about this treatment as you are guaranteed payments annually through paypal accounts and therefore these people should be looked after better.

I really do dispair of some people.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case there are any other doubters this was actually first brought up on the Friday and actioned around 1am Saturday morning...

No way was there 2 months planning!! Laughing Out Loud

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
No way was there 2 months planning!! Laughing Out Loud
Sounds like a policy decission by the last Government. Twisted Evil I'll get me coat Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: