Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Stupid question regarding out of date maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid question regarding out of date maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noiz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Stupid question regarding out of date maps Reply with quote

I can't find any information regarding this (although admittedly I haven't spent a long time looking) but if the Tomtom maps are so out of date, and taking into account that the competition buy their maps from the same company, then couldn't you just replace the Tomtom map with a different company's? At least.. In theory.

Has anybody actually tried this? If not I have a friend who uses CoPilot so I'd be happy to try it and see what happens.....
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Stupid question regarding out of date maps Reply with quote

Noiz wrote:
but if the Tomtom maps are so out of date, and taking into account that the competition buy their maps from the same company, then couldn't you just replace the Tomtom map with a different company's? At least.. In theory.

Has anybody actually tried this? If not I have a friend who uses CoPilot so I'd be happy to try it and see what happens.....

They don't all use the same map data source, TomTom obtain theirs from TeleAtlas then compile it into their own Map Data. Which I believe was sourced from October 2003.

CoPilot use Navteq and the latest release is from approx June 2004 and so is more up to date for the UK and also has far better coverage.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Noiz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm so they don't use the same format.. That's a pity. Sad
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid question regarding out of date maps Reply with quote

[quote="Noiz"]if the Tomtom maps are so out of date quote]

have you ever stopped to think what goes into making these GPS maps. It's not like printing paper maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: