Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My TomTom not functioning properly
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My TomTom not functioning properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: My TomTom not functioning properly Reply with quote

Hi, not been on here for a few weeks since having retired I dont drive the miles anymore.
However I am off to France next week so thought I would update all my speed cameras using the Third Party POI command in MyTomTom

Connected my Via125 Live and then got 10 minutes of unexplained updates, no idea what was downloaded, it opened up the webpage and then told me nothing. However now I want to add the PGPSW cameras the icon in my tray will not react i.e. it will not open the Dialogue box so I have no way of adding the 3rd party POIs.

The icon just sits there and doesnt react to anything.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change other than it now tells me I have something to download but connecting the sat nav all that happens is the web page opens and sits there .......

Has anybody else experienced this? any suggestions?

....and yes, just seen the debate about Live Services being restricted to 50 miles ; not amused!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets see if I've got this straight:
1.you've got MyTomTom installed,
2.you can see the icon in the system tray next to the clock,
3. it's grey with a blue arrow to show there are downloads available.

Now,
4.you can click on it (left or right) and it opens the pop-up window?
5. In the light green section it says there are items available?
6. just below that (still in the light green section) it DOESN'T ask you to connect our device? (i.e . it thinks it is connected)
7. Does the "add community content" option appear, in the white section below the green? (i.e. is it there but not doing anything or is it not there at all?)
7. do you have version 3.0.2.377 of My TomTom?

If all the answers to ALL those are "yes" then I think you have to speak to TomTom direct on the phone as there is little we can do to assist with this damnable new system.

Last edited by Andy_P on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Internet Browser are you trying to use the MS Internet Explorer is known to be problematic with MyTomTom, if you are using IE try FireFox or Chrome instead - Mike
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get as far as 3 above, i.e a globe icon with a blue download arrow, I connect the Via to the PC which seems to recognise the connection but then when I click on the icon (whether left or right click) nothing happens, as simple as that.

I have been using IE8 but loaded up Chrome earlier today I shall give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice guys. I'll let you know how I get on.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Opened up in Google Chrome this morning and this time it tells me it wants to download a new version of Navigator. Maybe that's what's holding me back.

Either way, based upon past TT upgrades(?) I think I will delay the download for a week since I really need the sat nav this week and given I cannot make a back up I can't afford to lose the existing functionality.

The 'dialogue box' did open up briefly but then disappeared again.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: My Community Reply with quote

I have been in contact with TomTom and apparently they are having problems with 'adding my Community' when it will be fixed is any bodies guess. My they cannot just revert to the version that worked i cannot understand??

David

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: