Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic 3.05T is out and you can subscribe to Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic 3.05T is out and you can subscribe to Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Traffic 3.05T is out and you can subscribe to Traffic Reply with quote

Traffic 3.05T is out and the only difference it claims is that it connects to the operational server rather than the trial.

I have also subscribed to traffic for my €49 which it added a year to my trial end.
vanstmic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether the data will be any more useful!!!
My experience has been average I have to say, although it would be excellent if it was to improve becuase the service would be very useful and I don't consider £35 a year to be unreasonable either.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I haven’t had to use traffic much, over the last month or so. However I did have a meet up on Wednesday 11 Aug 2004 near High wycombe, so I used TT Traffic, which reported a 15 minute delay due to a broken down lorry just before M40 J4. I let Traffic reroute me off the M40 a junction before my normal one. Basically Traffic lied – the road I was on ran parallel with the M40 and there were no visible hold-ups or delays on the M40.

From what I’ve seen of Traffic, I don’t currently have much faith in the ITIS data. I’m afraid that the ideal set-up (Traffic Master data obtained via TMC instead of GPRS) will never happen.

Also why do we have to buy the subscription in Euros? Evil or Very Mad The subscription should be in the local currency. I didn’t like paying for the TTNav3 upgrade in €s as it messed up my credit card balance for a while.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
I’m afraid that the ideal set-up (Traffic Master data obtained via TMC instead of GPRS) will never happen.
There's been some discussion in the TMC forum that Trafficmaster announced earlier this year that they were going to develop a new solution for RDS-TMC data - but it's a backend thing - you won't be able to run your chosen product and select between the 2 RDS-TMC sources - it implies the manufacturer chooses one of the 2 systems and integrates it into their product.
digitalbullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: finally! Reply with quote

Believe it or not I have had TT Traffic for the last 3 months and have only just managed to get my phone to be able to connect to GPRS vis my PDA! Hooray! But now I only have 1 week left before my trial runs out Sad

I have a question about the automatic replan feature. I have it ticked in the Properties menu but it doesnt seem to automatically replan. Any help would be appreciated.
Feel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried four.five times now to download 3.05T, but each time I get a copy of 3.04T. Do you think that they've got the wrong verion on their server, or do you think it might be cached somewhere between me and them?

I seem to remember people having the same problem when they went from 3.03T to 3.04T.

Has anyone installed and checked they've got 3.05T?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it say 3.05T on the web site where you are downloading it? It may only let you download 3.05T if you have paid for the annual subscription to connect to the real server as opposed to the trial. I could not see it before I paid, but that could be a coincidence.
Feel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it definitely says 3.05T. Tried both the zip and the exe.
Feel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after the TomTom Site was updated today, I managed to get a copy of 3.05T.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: