Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Official Voice Packs Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Voice Packs Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted a slight problem with the female speedzoned sounds...

The kmh files for pMobile and specs say 'miles per hour' instead of 'kilometers an hour' - the correct speed number is said though...

We'll get these fixed ASAP!

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: New voice warnings Reply with quote

highmead wrote:
Do I need to uninstall the old voice warnings before or after downloading the new ones?

Depending on your system probably not. These have the same filenames so will overwrite the old ones.

MaFt
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Just spotted a slight problem with the female speedzoned sounds...

The kmh files for pMobile and specs say 'miles per hour' instead of 'kilometers an hour' - the correct speed number is said though...

We'll get these fixed ASAP!

MaFt

That's wimmin for ya Very Happy
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Pirate3000
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: voices Reply with quote

Now we just need the files all ready to go for the Iphone app...

png's
ov2
Ogg

I have hacked the sounds around and made my own for the tomtom app and also the cameraalert app.

Thanks and keep up the good work chaps !!
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
cdrider1 wrote:
Where do I get these and how do I install them please?

If they are compatible with your selected system then an option will show on the download page. You install them along with your speed camera database but this will differ for each system.

-Old TomTom's: copy them in to the map folder along with .bmp and .ov2 files
-New TomTom's: upload them using myTomTom in the same section as the .ov2 and .bmp files
-Garmin: keep them in same folder as .csv and .bmp files and then install as usual with POILoader
-McGuider / Sygic Mobile Maps: copy to the audio folder as described in the installation guide
-Navman / Mio: select the audio file when adding POI groups in SMart ST / MioMore desktop software.
-iGO: you need a certain skin to allow the warnings - feel free to ask for help in the forums for this!!

MaFt

Hi,

I have been to the download page and cannot see the new voices Female, the ones that are there are the ones that have been there for a year or so. I would like to try the new ones so could someone let me know where to find them or download them please.

Thanks in advance,

SDM197.
Hotpants
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just downloaded the file. If you go to the speed camera database page, choose your model (in my case Tomtom ov2) you will then be presented with the option of what file type to download (speed zoned complete etc) and underneath that is the drop down box to choose one of the four types of warning.

If you choose to download the same file as the last one, you do not see the additional options. By reselecting the file type it shows them.

Hope this helps.

Hotpants
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotpants wrote:
I have just downloaded the file. If you go to the speed camera database page, choose your model (in my case Tomtom ov2) you will then be presented with the option of what file type to download (speed zoned complete etc) and underneath that is the drop down box to choose one of the four types of warning.

If you choose to download the same file as the last one, you do not see the additional options. By reselecting the file type it shows them.

Hope this helps.

Hotpants

Ah! Thanks I normally take the option to download the same version every week.

thanks again,

SDM197.
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a dumb question but I currently have my TT set-up to warn me with a bong whenever I approach a camera. Will that bong be automatically overriden by the voice file or will I have to go to the Manage POI warning section to select it?

Also, will these only work when I have 'Voice Enabled' or is it like the bongs when they work without the voice enabled?

Thanks
larrytheone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Camera Voice Alert iPhone4 Reply with quote

Are the new voice alerts available for the iPhone, if so how are they loaded into TomTom please?
Davidwf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go Live 1005 Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to download these (and other sounds) to a TomTom Go Live 1005....I have tried .ogg files but they are not recognised, neither are various others......this is very annoying as I made up my own sound beeps (for TT Navigator 6) which are much less irritating

Would appreciate some help please

Last edited by Davidwf on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Voice Alert iPhone4 Reply with quote

larrytheone wrote:
Are the new voice alerts available for the iPhone, if so how are they loaded into TomTom please?

NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE TOMTOM iPHONE APP

You can download a set of the voice files along with the ov2 files then use DiskAid to embed them in the TomTom iPhone app, see Here For details on how to do this, to get the warnings working though you will require the mapsettings.cfg file from the page I have linked to - Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Go Live 1005 Reply with quote

Davidwf wrote:
Does anyone know how to download these (and other sounds) to a TomTom Go Live 1005....I have tried .ogg files but they are not recognised, neither are various others......this is very annoying as I made up my own sound beeps (for TT Navigator 6) which are much less irritating

Would appreciate some help please

Connect your device, startup myTomTom, go to the 'install custom POI' option, in the part where you upload the ov2 files and bmp files you need to also seelct the ogg files.

Once uploaded you can use the 'warn when near poi' option which will detect the mathcing file name and should default to using that.

MaFt
Davidwf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooo....it doesn't recognise the .ogg files ! Sad
Hotpants
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page may help:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14275/~/download-and-install-warning-sounds

Cheers Very Happy

Hotpants
nchadwick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd followed the instructions but they don't seem to work for me. Using a Garmin Nuvi 765T, downloaded the voice file and unzipped into same folder as CSVs and BMPs but when approaching a camera I just get the standard built-in tone. Is there some procedure to tell the unit to use the voice files. I downloaded the MP3 version as I know the 765 has an MP3 player, is this right?

MaFt wrote:
cdrider1 wrote:
Where do I get these and how do I install them please?

If they are compatible with your selected system then an option will show on the download page. You install them along with your speed camera database but this will differ for each system.

-Old TomTom's: copy them in to the map folder along with .bmp and .ov2 files
-New TomTom's: upload them using myTomTom in the same section as the .ov2 and .bmp files
-Garmin: keep them in same folder as .csv and .bmp files and then install as usual with POILoader
-McGuider / Sygic Mobile Maps: copy to the audio folder as described in the installation guide
-Navman / Mio: select the audio file when adding POI groups in SMart ST / MioMore desktop software.
-iGO: you need a certain skin to allow the warnings - feel free to ask for help in the forums for this!!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: