Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this yesterday and have used it today with the ActiveTraffic which is an extra £10.

I also went into upgrades and bought the fuel price add on for £4.99. It took me through the market etc but would just not work, even though it looks like it has taken my money.

I phoned customer support this morning who said fuel prices is definitely not an option in the UK and I shouldn't have been allowed to buy it.

They are now looking into it.

I have v8 and this is much better with the travel updates. To be honest I used Google Navigator more than CP but I think this version will make me use CP more.
wilkhaven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bought it! Reply with quote

I bought the UK map version for £14.99 - quite a bargain even though I was using Co-Pilot 8 bought a couple of years ago when it was first released.

I like the new interface, and the navigation screen looks great on a 5" Dell Streak. However a couple of niggles have surfaced, although there may be an answer to them...

1 - I cannot find a way of changing the routing preference. While the options allow the speed limits of individual roads and their preference to be set I seem to recall that the previous version allowed you to input preferences based on speed, time or distance. I tried a local trip and the automatic route was 7.1 miles and 12 minutes using a motorway. I requested an alternative route an the local roads meant just 3 miles and still 12 minutes.

2 - I would like to import my favourites from CP8

3 - the speed limit on a section of single carriageway A38 in Nottinghamshire was showing as 70mph, the legal limit is 60. I know this is probably a mapping issue beyond the control of ALK, but if they are to include speed limits they really should make sure they are accurate!

4 - Some of the buttons used during general navigation (ie the 'back' key)seem to a little on the small side for my fat fingers - and that's using it on a big 5" screen. This is a bit of a shame as really like the feel of the new menu interfaces.

Other than that I quite like it, albeit in limited local testing today. I'm travelling nationwide for the rest of the week so will get to put it through its paces.

I'm interested in peoples experienceings of the 'ActiveTraffic' service before I commit to buy a subscription, I seem to recall the version for CP8 was roundly slated as worse than useless!
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: What speed camera database to use? Reply with quote

Should we use the v8 cameras?
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V8 seems to work OK for me but why do some of the speed camera icons seem to have little red crosses near them?

ActiveTraffic worked for me really well yesterday. A bit better than Google Navigator (which has picked ups it's game in the last few weeks) and so much better than traffic on V8 which was a total waste of money.
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: POI's Reply with quote

As previous comment V8 cameras seem to work. Perhaps the plus sign is where it used to have '2' showing a 2 way camera I think. Any idea how to create POI's ? Used to be a doddle on V8 but I'm stumped on V9. I've managed to import some POI's by just copying the folder from a backup on my PC to EU/UK/Save/user_places/ however even when copying the icons into skin/User from a backup they don't seem to appear on the map.
Mordorf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellybob wrote:
The V8 seems to work OK for me but why do some of the speed camera icons seem to have little red crosses near them?

I think that the little red cross is because you have both PGPSW database and the CoPilot one installed. The red cross only appears on cameras that are in both databases possibly.

I'm having problems with audible alerts, the cameras are displayed on the map but I get no warnings. Anyone any idea what the problem might be?
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha it's probably a 2 my eyesight is not that good!
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had deleted the CP one but I will have another look.
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: POI's not customisable in V9 Reply with quote

Looking at the ALK support pages POI adding has gone. Imports PocketGPSWorld cameras OK. Is there a way that we can convert existing POI sets to an install file. Would'nt be as easy to add POI's on the fly but at least I could use my existing set's. PocketGPSworld how do you do it?
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My audio notification seems to work OK.
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Import POI's Reply with quote

Looks like the speedcameras are just in a csv file. So it should be easy to create my own POI set along with a suitable icon/png file. However anybody know how to extract the Lat/Lon's etc from my POI's that I created on my phone?
cejsmith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question

I normally use my tomtom 720 for Nav duties but the map is a couple of years old. Would I be better to buy the new copilot for my galaxy s2 then upgrading the map on the tomtom?

Is the traffic feature any good??
dillingerdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this product but would like to know how the mapping works, regard updates? Will they be updated, and for free, or are they going to be in-app purchases do you think/know. It doesn't really say, and one of the comments suggests the map is already out of date:

"Used 2 days solid in truck, and works faultless. There couple freeze ups , but so did V8 when first came out. Would give 5 stars if map was the latest"

I don't get it, is it out of date? I don't want to drop money and have to pay to then update it.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are free map updates for one year. How these are applied to your purchase I don't yet know. From what I have read and seen, the maps are inferior to those on my TomTom 520 that is now at least 3 or 4 years old. When I say inferior, from what I have seen they lack the detail of TomTom's mapping. It may well have newer major roads but I cant yet vouch for that having only had it installed for 2 days and only living a mile from work!
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small feature that I have found and am glad to see is the navigate to OS map reference. This is handy for finding the beginning of walks that give the grid reference as a starting point.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: