Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 2200 help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 2200 help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ails81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Navigon 2200 help please Reply with quote

Hi
I have a navigon 2200. We are going to Germany next week so I have downloaded a new software update which includes Europe maps using Navigon Fresh. I bought a new micro SD card as I knew the sat nav memory wasnt big enough. The SD card is 4GB which should be plenty big enough.
However when I put the SD card into the sat nav and plug it into the computer and try to download it says there is not enough space. It doesnt seem to recognise that there is an SD card in the sat nav.
Im probably being stupid but I really cant figure out what im meant to do!

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesnt seem to recognise that there is an SD card in the sat nav.
Do you really mean that in Windows File Manager (or equivalent) the sd card does not show up as a drive? (If so, I'm not sure what the problem is offhand, but won't worry about thinking about it for now!).

OR, are you assuming it isn't recognised just because the Update doesn't think there is enough room (the Update should have said how much more space is needed)? If it's this, then I suggest you delete some/all of the current maps first. Sometimes an update is made BEFORE deleting any old data, and the old data only deleted once the Update has completed successfully - so you may actually need enough space for the old AND the new data to carry out the Update (only temporarily of course!).
ails81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: navigon Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your reply. The SD card does show up in Windows etc, I have formatted it like someone else suggested to. But when I put it in the navigon and connect to PC my device in navigon fresh doesnt show any extra memory with regards to the SD card. Its as if the SD card isnt in it. There is only a small amount of memory available (like 131mb or something) and the download is about 2gb which is why I bought the SD card in preparation for downloading the upgrade.
I cant understand why this would be so complicated just to buy a new map!
At this rate I will be getting a refund and just use my blackberry! I emailed navigon and they said once I formatted the SD card i just need to click download in navigon fresh and it would work but it doesnt Sad

Thanks
Aileen
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm - it should recognise it. Have you got (or access to) another card (2/4GB) you could try? Or you could try reformatting the card again, in case that hasn't worked completely.

Alternatively, you could try doing a 'factory reset' (in Settings/Options menu) with the card in. As long as you haven't got too many 'Favourites' you don't want to lose and re-input, and don't mind doing the language/distance/time format, etc changes again (as it'll be like a new unit).

And in Fresh you could try repeating the 'My System' command a few times to see if it picks the card up in the end - I did have a transient blip with mine a few months back with the card.

Hope for the best Confused
ails81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: nope Reply with quote

hi david
tried all that but still not working. looked at removing the uk maps from it as thats all thats on there but that still wouldnt leave enough space so I need to use the SD card.
So annoying. Guess I will have to phone navigon and get ripped off with the cost Sad
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: navigon Reply with quote

ails81 wrote:
The SD card does show up in Windows etc, I have formatted it like someone else suggested to. But when I put it in the navigon and connect to PC my device in navigon fresh doesnt show any extra memory with regards to the SD card.
Did you check that Windows could see the SD card when it was inserted into the Navigon or just check the card in a card reader? Suggest you double check it in the Navigon using Windows as it is possible that the Navigon card slot is faulty or card not inserting properly. If Windows can see the SD card in the Navigon but Fresh can't then it suggests a problem with Fresh and/or your Navigon software and would suggest a "Device Restore" for the 2200. If you decide to go down the "Device Restore" route I suggest you first post on the Navigon Facebook page (as I did with my 4350 problems recently).
Good luck Smile
ails81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

thanks tim, I did do a device restore as well but no difference.
also tried a different SD card in the navigon but still didnt pick up on that one. phoned navigon again and they said its probably a fault with the actual sat nav SD slot. so in the end just had to get a refund on my download. but my other half has just gone and bought a new sat nav with europe maps on it and then he is going to sell his tom tom and with that money back the new sat nav will end up being cheaper than the download! that doesnt make much sense does it! Very Happy

anyway, thanks so much for both of your help
aileen
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Replacement for Navigon 2200 Reply with quote

Glad to hear you'r now sorted. If you bought a Navigon 40 Essential Traffic I would be interested in knowing what you think of it.
In any case enjoy your forthcoming holiday abroad. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: