Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's in the latest build. We're trying to push that out the door as soon as the tests have completed.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's an unknown not far from me if you want it testing
MalcolmLLoyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: EDnhancement Request Reply with quote

For road sections that do not have any cameras defined, to display the statutory speed limit and provide an alert if that speed limit is exceed.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: EDnhancement Request Reply with quote

MalcolmLLoyd wrote:
For road sections that do not have any cameras defined, to display the statutory speed limit and provide an alert if that speed limit is exceed.

We don't have that data, that is available to map providers and forms part of the map so it would be for Google to implement.
CharlesCharlieCharles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just downloaded and installed the app on my iPhone 4 and first impressions are very good.

I have a couple of suggestions given my 10+ years of using Geodesy, Roadpilot devices.

- Ipod control is a great feature but could we have the capability of adding control buttons to the main CA screen? Otherwise one has to press the ipod button (which is small and I always inadvertently press "add camera icon" instead!) then peer over to find the even smaller icons to change track.

- Navigation of the setup menus could do with a back button, as well as the done button. Just that you change one setting then you have to go back to the main screen, rather than being able to simply get back to the setup screen. I appreciate that most folks will have only setup once, but as a new user I spent considerable time adjusting the workings of the CA interface so that it fitted with how I like my warnings.

- Overspeed warnings... My Micro Roadpilot works well in this area and the CA would do well to mimic.Being able to have an increasingly repetitive alarm as you approach a site above the limit would be great, as the intensity of the beeps gives a brilliant way of judging distance to the camera without having to view the iphone itself. This is the Roadpilots best feature along with the little button to mute the warning.

Apologies if any of the above has been mentioned previously, and also congratulations to the team behind this app as it is very, very good.

Lastly, am I stuck with my ridiculous nickname which was given when I registered the app, as I cannot seem to change it!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA_0619181132 wrote:
Lastly, am I stuck with my ridiculous nickname which was given when I registered the app, as I cannot seem to change it!
Fill in a Support Ticket, linked to in This Post.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
CharlesCharlieCharles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks from CA_0619181132, I am a person, not a number!

Laughing
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've been back through a few pages but apologise if the answer to my question is buried in the thread already.

Is it possible to have to option to automatically update the database when a new version is released. I am already consuming data for the map display, and many of my other apps, and don't have an issue with my data allowance.

Ideal behaviour would be to try to auto-update and even tell me "database updated" or if the auto-download fails you can tell me the usual "take care, you are not using the latest database".

A permanent (but subtle) on-screen warning of "database out of date" would also be a good reminder.

Are either of these possible?

Thanks
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrummyGit wrote:
Hi, I've been back through a few pages but apologise if the answer to my question is buried in the thread already.

Yes, it has been asked but it doesn't hurt to keep reminding them so maybe they will implement either an auto update or a one touch update button. Wink
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of incorporating any (or all) of the Voice pack samples (the ones with the chimes), as an option to the standard voice ?.
Found it useful on my 730, and I think it would be good on the iphone app as well.

Steve
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveJ wrote:
Any chance of incorporating any (or all) of the Voice pack samples (the ones with the chimes), as an option to the standard voice ?.
Found it useful on my 730, and I think it would be good on the iphone app as well.

Steve

I don't see why not. I'll grab the file and send it to Code Monkey (Lutz)

Edit to add: I presume you mean only the 'chime chime chime' prefix? as the rest of the voices are exactly the same as we use in CamerAlert!

MaFt
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Edit to add: I presume you mean only the 'chime chime chime' prefix? as the rest of the voices are exactly the same as we use in CamerAlert!
MaFt

Hi MaFt,
That's right, I find when I'm running the program in the background to TomTom, then you sometimes miss the camera announcement. I think the chimes just give you a bit more of a heads up that one is approaching, and it prepares you to listen a bit more carefully to the following announcement.

Steve
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a selection of pre-warnings already available to get your attention - have you tried those? i find 'siren' works well!

MaFt
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I have to say I love this app and use it all the time.
Here are a couple of things to add to the wish list:

1) Have the ipod controls so they can be leftare always on the main display (as previously mentioned)

2) Not sure how easy this would be (as I don't know how accessible the ipod info is) but to have the name of a song pop-up when it changes as I often have my 3000+ songs on shuffle and wonder what the song is it just chose!

3) Have the option to have the current you current speed big (either half the screen or even full screen with transparency so you can still see the map behind and then 1/2 size when in an average speed zone.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple o' teasers for ya:

http://twitpic.com/5pwimc

http://twitpic.com/5pwim4

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: