Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live services £34.99. UPDATE! NOW £39.95!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live services £34.99. UPDATE! NOW £39.95!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Live services £34.99. UPDATE! NOW £39.95!!! Reply with quote

Hi, Just been looking at prices for live services for my tt950 live. Some say Amazon is cheapest but when I looked just now it was £50 on there. So I looked further and found a company selling it for £34.99 for 12months,
http://www.haqtech.com/Products/768-TomTom-LIVE-Services-12-Months-Pre-Paid-Subscription-Card.aspx
Is this company reputable and any good?.

Derrick

UPDATE!
Now I see the price has gone up to £39.95 since yesterday. So while I was waiting for some-one to tell me if that company was reputable I missed out on the cheaper price! Should have got in then!. He who hesitates...........

Last edited by DERRICK on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about the link you posted, but keep an eye on Amazon. Yesterday I checked and they were quoting 34.95GBP but have jumped today to the price you mentioned - time for watching the changes - which can be more frequent than daily.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haqtech looks pretty bloody dodgy to me!

1 feedback from 1 customer on Amazon and that's a 1* (lowest possible)
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I bought my renewal on ebay, from someone who sells lots of them. The key is that TomTom will set the RRP, and then sell them at, say, £30 to the retailers. The retailers then give up their margin to sell it cheap. If someone is stupid enough to sell for £5 profit, that's their problem and your gain.

The key is that you get a small folded card with a plastic card in, which has a COVERED serial number. One of those scratch-off things. If it is already uncovered, you've been sold a pup, but I doubt that this would happen for most people selling multiple items.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just renewed mine for £34.99 from Amazon - got a sealed blister pack with the card in and it worked fine.
newtomoneowner
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get the "live" thing, not on mine, but if you get a warning that there is a hold up and let TT recalculate the route to avoid it, surely everyone else who owns a TT will have been given the same info and you just end up creating another hold up as traffic is redirected to avoid the original jam.,

I suppose you wont all go the same way but if your not on a motorway then your on a "A" road or similar that will be a 30 mph limit and if your lucky you might just get there a little earlier than sitting in a bit of traffic.

Is it really worth the £40 a year, oh yes sorry your saying its £34 now but just wait till next year when TT bump up the price to whatever it wants.
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andyvaughan,
I just did a search for a cheap subscripion card and amazon comes up with a price of £50.95 how come you paid that for it today? "or" was it a few days ago? as you didnt say when you paid for it. as amazon has put the price up on tuesday I believe.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DERRICK wrote:
Andyvaughan,
I just did a search for a cheap subscripion card and amazon comes up with a price of £50.95 how come you paid that for it today? "or" was it a few days ago? as you didnt say when you paid for it. as amazon has put the price up on tuesday I believe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-LIVE-Services-Months-Subscription/dp/B0021AEDTG

Click the link: '9 New from £39.95' on that page.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
DERRICK wrote:
Andyvaughan,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-LIVE-Services-Months-Subscription/dp/B0021AEDTG

Click the link: '9 New from £39.95' on that page.

+ £4.59 delivery !!!!
beeceegee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DERRICK wrote:
Andyvaughan,

the £50.95 is from an Amazon reseller, which turns out to be the same haqtech outfit from the 1st post.

My only experiences so far of being "re-routed" did not exactly inspire confidence.

1st: The reason the primary route was at a standstill was that the alternative route (itself a fairly busy road) which the TT tried to send me down was closed due to an accident. It had clearly been closed for some time as there were police roadblocks out, but TT Traffic was blissfully unaware.

2nd: IQroutes chose a cross country route to avoid a section of the A1, presumably due to "time of day" journey times. Unfortunately the route rejoined the A1 with a right turn at a small T-junction, not a manoeuvre to be recommended. Could have been waiting there for hours!

BrianG
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now some of these companys are selling live subscriptions for more than tomtoms own price! how the hell can they do that?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Cos it's a free-market capitalist society?
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on the latest best price as mine is ending soon.
I have a 540 and wonder weather to trade in and update to a new model.

I see a shopping channel had the 1000 with 2 years live services and £50 refund on old unit going for £249.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtomoneowner wrote:
i dont get the "live" thing, not on mine, but if you get a warning that there is a hold up and let TT recalculate the route to avoid it, surely everyone else who owns a TT will have been given the same info and you just end up creating another hold up as traffic is redirected to avoid the original jam.,

I suppose you wont all go the same way but if your not on a motorway then your on a "A" road or similar that will be a 30 mph limit and if your lucky you might just get there a little earlier than sitting in a bit of traffic.

Is it really worth the £40 a year, oh yes sorry your saying its £34 now but just wait till next year when TT bump up the price to whatever it wants.

Worth every penny. Sometimes we get outrages and do I miss it when it's down.
As for going with others to avoid the problem it hasn't as yet lead me into other traffic problems.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtomoneowner wrote:
surely everyone else who owns a TT will have been given the same info and you just end up creating another hold up as traffic is redirected to avoid the original jam.
But what percentage of the vehicles in the jam have TT HD? Quite a small proportion of them I suspect, so the problem is valid, but pretty hypothetical Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: