Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Top Tip for those using Cameralert in car, via Bluetooth.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Tip for those using Cameralert in car, via Bluetooth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Top Tip for those using Cameralert in car, via Bluetooth. Reply with quote

A couple of great (free) Android apps that will massively increase the functionality of your cameralert app.

"BT App Starter"
https://market.android.com/details?id=se.mumu21.btas

This will start any app (ie Cameralert) automatically when your BT handsfree connects

"A2DP Volume"
https://market.android.com/details?id=a2dp.Vol21 For Android 2.1
https://market.android.com/details?id=a2dp.Vol For Android 2.2+

This will adjust your "Media" Volume to a preset level when it connects to your BT Handsfree, then reset it when it disconnects.

So now, when I get into my car and the Parrot i9100 kit connects to the phone. Then my media volume setting goes to maximum, and the Cameralert app starts in the foreground.

I have to manually exit (menu, exit; so on restart its tracking), then I get out of the car, and the BT disconnects, and the media volume is reset (and if want my GPS location is stored in the A2DP app)

I had requested these features built into the app during beta testing, but due to the limited number of people that would require/want this, it was (rightly) deemed excessive features.

Hope this helps a few people.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was The Facebook I'd press the 'like' button Very Happy

Alas, it's not, but nice find Smile

MaFt
WTMR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: BT apps and CamerAlert Reply with quote

Anyone know if these Android apps exist for the iPhone. My love-hate iPhone relationship is shifting - not in Apple's favour. These Android BT apps (Yes, I do have a parrot (3100 with updated firmware) in the car) sound just the thing........
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a problem with the Parrot CK3100 in any event because it does not support the BT A2DP profile, which is what you will need in order to stream instructions from the sat nav. I used to have one in the last car and it only supported the BT handfree and headset profiles.

The newer Parrots support A2DP as does the Bury car kit I have in my present car. I know with the Bury you can set it so that anything on A2DP interrupts the car audio, but nor sure if it works like that with the Parrots.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
timbouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BT apps and CamerAlert Reply with quote

WTMR wrote:
Anyone know if these Android apps exist for the iPhone. My love-hate iPhone relationship is shifting - not in Apple's favour. These Android BT apps (Yes, I do have a parrot (3100 with updated firmware) in the car) sound just the thing........

Peter C is correct. The CK3100 is now quite old. I don't know how technical you are. But used CK3100's go for between £35-£70 on Ebay.

Are you up to removing the entire kit and fitting a new one?

You can pick up an mki9100 from around £115 new. Not a too expensive upgrade?
BoltonRed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I use an app called 'Tasker' to do exactly this. It's a program to automate almost anything on you phone. A complicated program to get your head round, but saves having loads of different apps on your phone. The beauty of tasker is that it will do the above actions as the bluetooth connects and cancel them as it disconnects.
WTMR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: My old parrot Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies which are really helpful. I know the 3100 is (quite) old!. So old, that though I did the installation myself (!) now I'm even older I don't think I want to grovel in the footwells and uninstal! And I don't drive as far these days - so really I was just asking; and you sent me useful answers! Thanks.

By the way, BT handsfree and iPhone 4 are fine on CK3100 so I will stick as I am - partly because when I did instal the Parrot I got passenger airbag failure warning lights (I had the glove box/key switch de-activator) out and had to have this re-set by a dealer (Skoda, and I hate that dealer ...)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: