Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammydsammy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for that. I think that's where I went wrong as I replaced everything :-( Also do I need to replace the mapsettings.cfg or is the one I had OK to use?

Many thanks for your help,

Dave
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you already had warnings working on your iPhone then they will probably still work, you certainly don't need to change the mapsettings file every week that you update the ov2 files - Mike
sammydsammy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. Many thanks for your help!

Cheers
Dave
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TGT - you misunderstood me. The files simply would not download. I was not asking for any breach of copyright - just some help actually.

Since found that it was an Internet Explorer problem on my laptop. Downloaded them fine using Safari thanks.

Aerovision
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike / all,

A bit of help requested here please.

Everything was working fine with 1.6 - on a IPhone 3 and also on a 4.

Now, with 1.7, on the 4, cams are visible but no audible warnings.

I kept my mapsettings.cfg from 1.6 to preserve all of my favourites, but otherwise used all of the new files. What am I doing wrong???

Also, could someone help me in "converting" the EUR speedcamera icons and also about 10 POIs of my own (not speedcams) please? Point me towards what software and how to do it and I will do the work please. (Currently, with 1.7, all are small and plain red squares).

Finally, and regarding the above, how do I make the icons different for iP4 and iP3? Again, I have one of each.

Many thanks in anticipation of any assistance.

Regards,
Aerovision
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irfan-View is a free to use software package that can convert the bmp files to the required png format, see Here.

As for the lack of warnings when approaching a camera, have you copied all the .ogg files to the V1,7 app map folder, the newer 1,7 app doesn't flash a warning top left like 1,6 and earlier but it will read out the ogg audio file for a spoken alert when approaching a camera.

For iPhone 3G/ 3GS you need icons sized at 22x22 which is standard.
For iPhone4 you can resize the icons to 44x44 which makes them easier to see, if you want the icons displayed on the map the same size as the icons supplied with the TomTom POI files make them 32x32 - Mike
sammydsammy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've updated the database, just the OV files and now im not getting any audio alerts... i was getting everything before so now i am confused... I have even uninstalled tom tom and reinstalled. Copied iphone 4 png and ogg files from the first thread and then copied the ov files from the update. i have also copied the mapsettings.cfg from the iphone 4 pack on the first thread but no audio :-( any help greatly appreciated,

Dave
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I will try re-sizing to 32 x 32.

I will also try 1.7 on the iP3 to see if audio works on that one. I was loath to upgrade both iPhones to 1.7 as 1.6 works fine and don't know how to revert to an earlier version if it don't work.

Has anyone else noted that the 1.7 TT prog for Western Europe is a somewhat smaller file than 1.6?

Thanks again,
Aerovision
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

Still unable to get voice alerts working at all. Having used this for 1.5 and 1.6 and having re-read the forum, I really can't see what I am doing wrong.

Next step is to throw away my old mapsettings.cfg and try Mike's new one maybe - but to loose all of my favourites......

Aerovision
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the app isn't running in the background when you copy the mapsettings.cfg file to the iPhone, also double check which folder you are putting it in as it's different to where you put the ov2, ogg and png files.

As for your favourites, copy the old mapsettings.cfg from the iPhone then use POIEdit to convert the file to a custom POI file and load that naming the file "_Favourites.ov2" (without the "" but the _ at the start of the file name is important as it forces the app to list the category at the top of the index for POI files making it easier to locate - Mike
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I upgrade to v1.8 with the new map, will this overwrite the cfg file & camera/voice files I used on v1.7?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time you update the app you will need to reload the mapsettings.cfg file along with all the ov2, png and ogg files - Mike
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Every time you update the app you will need to reload the mapsettings.cfg file along with all the ov2, png and ogg files - Mike

Done that Mike. The pgpsw cameras & voice files are there. Also copied over the cfg file to the correct folder, but cameras don't show up in v1.8

Does it need a new cfg file?
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast wrote:
The pgpsw cameras & voice files are there. Also copied over the cfg file to the correct folder, but cameras don't show up in v1.8

I haven't upgraded yet, so am interested in the conclusion to this.

When you say the cameras don't show up, do you mean the PNGs don't appear on the map or just that the OGGs don't play?

If the former, I assume you've checked the settings to see that 'POIs on Map' is set to ON and the cameras are selected in 'POI types'?
mistersaxon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: v1.8 upgrade - first thoughts. Reply with quote

First thoughts are:
1. If you have any other POI files in the data folder make sure to copy them away with Diskaid before the upgrade - looks like TT clears the folder before copying in Sad

2. Clearly it resets the mapsettings.cfg file but NOT completely as any recent destinations that weren't from your custome POIs will still be there. I would need to do the upgrade differently but I suspect that if you copy out your mapsettings.cfg file before the upgrade and then replace the new one with your old one all will carry on as normal.

3. I worked that out later so I refreshed the mapsettings.cfg from the download on page 1 of this thread. Spoken alerts are all working as previously but not icons on screen and it still doesn't seem to include the "alert if on route" option which is a shame as I get a lot more irrelevant alerts now.

4. It would be nice to have a TomTomBackup App that saves this stuff away before an upgrade - any gifted coders out there fancy earning a few pence?

5. Multi-point routes! Welcome, my friends, to the 21st century! My old Garmin Quest could do that and it's got to be 8 years old . . . .

Anyway, nice to have new maps. I wonder if TomTom are wondering how they can get iPhone customers to pay for these now they've been giving them away for so long. Knowing TomTom it'll be a "new" app...
w/ Interphone BT headset on a Honda Blackbird (should change this really - the bike, not the headset)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 19 of 42

Jump to: