Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS, GPS wherefore art thou GPS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS, GPS wherefore art thou GPS?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: GPS, GPS wherefore art thou GPS? Reply with quote

Want a chance to win some GPS gear? ALK are going to be giving away 2 CoPilot 5 Bluetooth GPS bundles at our next Pub meet. Keep tuned for more freebies over the next couple of weeks.

Here at PocketGPSWorld.com we have been listening to our users. Following requests to hold another ‘Northern’ Pub Meeting’ we are organising one in the heart of England’s Shakespeare Country at the Stratford Manor, Stratford-on-Avon. This will be on Saturday September the 4th from 2:00 to 5:00. So why not come along and let PocketGPSWorld.com buy you a drink, and share our expert knowledge with you…

It is FREE to all PocketGPSWorld.com visitors Thumbs Up .

This FREE Pub Meet is going to be the biggest and best to date. We are currently talking to some of the GPS manufacturers, suppliers, and dealers. The companies are going to come along and demonstrate some of their products. Not only that but all of them have agreed to contribute in some form or other.

Of course the PocketGPSWorld.com team will be there along with some of the site moderators. This is your chance to ask your questions in an open forum. We will have demos/workshops of some of the latest products in the GPS World, giving you a chance to touch and try them without the pressure of a retail shop environment.

We will be announcing the companies attending over the next few weeks, along with the sponsorship they will be contributing to the event. Some of these guys will be helping towards the entertainments bill.
Cheers!

Please make sure you book early as there is limited space. You can pre-register now by emailing pubmeet@pocketgpsworld.com to ensure you reserve your place.

Last edited by MikeB on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pub meet ok ill try and make it hopefully ill know more nearer the time

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on folks! Stratford in the North ????!!!! 8O

Jeez - I know I'm about as far north as you can be in England, and there's a heck of a lot of Scotland to the North of me......
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes but to those of us that live on the south coast anything above the M4 is wild and wooly and keep your eyes open for the bandits Laughing Out Loud Laughing

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I know Stratford is in the Midlands, but this is an area we havent covered yet with our meetings. The first was last year in the LakeDistrict, and the last two have been down in the South of England.

We are hoping to get further north later this year, we will just have to wait and see.
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said "you can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"? I'll be going to this one as I was not able to get to any of the previous ones.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may also be worthwhile saying, if there's anything you would like to see in the flesh (so to speak) or to play with on the day, let us know and we'll create a list of items we'll try to bring along. Also add items that we maybe haven't released a review on yet, because we may either have them in-review now, or we may be able to get them for the event! :D
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

MikeB wrote:
So why not come along and let PocketGPSWorld.com buy you a drink?
Cheers Mike, mine’s a pint! Guinness

Seriously, is this the location of the Stratford Manor?
OSGB: SP 22900 58615
Latitude: 52.225264
Longitude: -1.664852

Will you be updating and reissuing the TomTom Pub meet POI with Stratford Manor in it?

I’ve sent a reply to the email address and get a message back that the email was undeliverable. Is there a problem with the email address or is it just me?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have sent an email to the address given in Mike's original post, but as yet it has not been returned to me as undeliverable. Thumbs Up

Regards,

Bo Peep.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's approx co-ordinates. AutoRoute for me shows 52.22328 North, 1.66660 West (-1.66660 East).

I have fixed the email address, it should now work! :D We should update the POI also for people to navigate easily.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:

Will you be updating and reissuing the TomTom Pub meet POI with Stratford Manor in it?

I certainly will be. The details of the location etc will be released nearer the time, but the hotels website is at here.

Privateer wrote:

I’ve sent a reply to the email address and get a message back that the email was undeliverable. Is there a problem with the email address or is it just me?

So that is why I wasnt getting anything coming through....
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Mike forgot to set it up, it's working now as of previous message I posted because I have sent a test email and we have received it AOK.

pubmeet@pocketgpsworld.com is the correct address.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
We are hoping to get further north later this year, we will just have to wait and see.

Don't leave it too late.... the nights are drawing in, and we might have a winter this year Laughing
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please make sure you book early as there is limited space. You can pre-register now by emailing pubmeet@pocketgpsworld.com to ensure you reserve your place.

Does this mean that unless you register you can't just turn up on spec?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just turn up on the day but if you do there is no guarantee that you'll be able to get in. We would prefer that byou pre-register either as a definite or a maybe for a number of reasons:

1) We are hoping to provide drinks and snacks so need to have an idea of the numbers attending so we can cater adequately.

2) The hotel would also like to know numbers so they can make sure that they can properly accomodate us, the function rooms are only so big and we'd like some room to mingle! There is also wedding going on at the hotel.

If we get a huge response we may need to look at booking a larger conference room or seeking an alternative venue in the area, if we get lots of attendees who did not take the opportunity to pre-register then we may have to turn people away and it goes without saying that we do not want to do this.

Previous informal gatherings have caught us off guard with more visitors than expected, I doubt that we're going to be deluged by hundreds but we need to make sure, it's no good planning for 50 people and 700 actually turn up on the day Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: