Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin POI Loader V. 2.6.1.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin POI Loader V. 2.6.1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevie007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Garmin POI Loader V. 2.6.1.0 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest version of, Garmin POI Loader, V. 2.6.1.0 and now cannot load any files into my, Kenwood/Garmin, KNA-G520 via the SD card, my last version of the POI Loader was dated at least a year ago.

Before when the SD card was inserted into the hide away KNA-G520 unit and then booted there was an on screen message saying, 'New POI files detected, do I want to download' etc... I do not get this message now and goes straight into the Agree page, then Map / Navigation page.

Also I have noticed that when after unzipping the files downloaded from, Pocket GPS World, and using the V. 2.6.1.0 POI Loader there are a few messages saying there are line errors on some POI's which I just click ok, but do not know if there are any problems as cannot download new POI's into Kenwood/Garmin unit! I have also tried another new SD card but to no avail, but found an old SD card with POI's dated about six months ago and loaded strait away!

Thanks

Steve
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, until the PGPSW experts come along, I would just say this.

PoiLoader 2.6.1 is working fine with my SD card (for my Garmin nuvi).
I get no error messages at all.
If yours is not working well, perhaps your new copy of PoiLoader is corrupt in some way. You could try downloading a fresh version.

(Or, perhaps there's something faulty with your latest PGPSW download - in view of the line errors - so you could try using a fresh download of that file).

From what you say, it sounds like PoiLoader is not even loading a poi (.gpi) file to your SD card at all. Have you inspected the card's contents?

Dales.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you go direct to the unit bypassing the SD card ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
stevie007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the replies. Yes there is a, GPI file on the SD card, with the following pages/Folders in order;

Garmin
poi
Garmin Sat-Nav Downloads.gpi

It has been sugested by another (Garmin) forum user from Norway to rewrite the file name, copy of text below;

[I would gess your gps need the gpi name to be poi.gpi.
PoiLoader 261 names the gpi from the folders that contain the gpx/csv files and not poi.gpi like the older PoiLoader.
So this could be the problem. Just change the gpi names to poi.gpi]

So will I try this work-a-round, but why should there be a work-a-round??

Thanks

Steve
stevie007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Can you go direct to the unit bypassing the SD card ?

No you can only update by SD card to download POI's.
stevie007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done as suggested and all worked, but...

now after installing my personal poi's from the poi loader v. 2.6.1.0 the map is running very very slowly to the point the map could not keep up with your location and the page turned white! For instance, when travelling at least 30mph on a main road and you pass a side turning the map will take at least several seconds to update your position but by that time you have already travelled anther 50-70 yards, also if you turn into a side road the map cannot keep up and then the page turns white which you have to re-boot.

I have now deleted and reinstalled my previous poi's from a previous version of the POI Loader that was already loaded onto an SD card and now is all working again as it should, but now unable to download further Poi's or more important speed camera locations!! There is obviously a bug with version Garmin POI Loader 2.6.1.0 but won't hold my breath if Garmin will do anything about it!!

Just out of interest my unit is a Kenwood/Garmin KNA -G520
Software V. 4.10
Audio V. Daniel V.2.0
Traffic Software V.5.50 using, Kenwood GTM-10 TMC tuner
Kenwood KNA-SD13E (City Navigator® Europe NT 2011 SD Data Card

Thanks

Steve
4ndy_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I’m having the exact same problem. Just can’t get the KNA-G520 to see the card with the POI's. I’ve spent over four hours trying different thing and nothing is working. It is soul destroying. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Cheers Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: